Next build folks

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Bob

Good start though it might be too irritating to improve the weld detail too much more

I would use extra thin to soften the sprue then use the back of the blade tip to create deeper weld detail, though it is getting there and after dust and weathering would be OK as it looks sealed up

HTH's?

Steve H
Hi Steve, sound advice thanks! Only second bash at welds. Over did the glue a tad, will get out the fine sanding sticks to tidy up. Used the front not back of the blade, thats one tip to remember!

Blasted camera never lies as we all know :angry: SO you want your camera to lie then Bob shame on you blamein the poor old camera lol ;):confounded: not its fault for showin how good your work is as it looks great to me but then im not a tanky I wouldn't know if its right or wrong but looks great to me keep on chuggin boyo an glad you are feelin better
chris
Thank you Chris, much appreciated. Better thanks, getting there!!
Looking pretty good already. You can probably check better if you paint the hatch and its surrounding area, so they’re all the same colour — it’s often surprising how much more easily you can judge texture that way than if you’ve got different colours of materials together.
Thanks for looking in Jakko

A bit of dust should hide the worse bits!

Hi Bob
I’m with SteveH. The weld looks fine enough but I would soften it and create the weld with a scalpel. I find it easier though to create my welds with ‘worms‘ polymer clay and shape with a suitable tool.
Cheers
Paul
Hi Paul

Might try that and see how they compare. Many thanks bob

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Apart from flames being recommend, I think just soften the outer lines, still it looks good to me Bob.

Sorry to read you've been feeling worn out again.Think you should put your feet up to,morrow and sit in the sun. ( of course plastered in 4 BO Sun cream ) :nerd:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Hi Bob

Night Shift on You tube has some fun weld tutorials too.

Steve H

Reactions: JR

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Apart from flames being recommend, I think just soften the outer lines, still it looks good to me Bob.

Sorry to read you've been feeling worn out again.Think you should put your feet up to,morrow and sit in the sun. ( of course plastered in 4 BO Sun cream ) :nerd:
Good idea John, now after using 4Bo cream i would look like a ugly Shrek lol

Thanks Steve, i do like his work, will have a look:thumb2:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Good to see you're feeling well enough for a bit of bench time Bob.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Back at the bench. Almost finised hull.

Decided to allow the wheels/suspension to move, so only glued the torsion bars at one end and cut off the swinging arms locating pin. Sadly cannot do this with the first/last arms as the fitted damper is solid.

Now, for a first bash at a dio, so using a base i bought and made a while back. I have some 1 35 bricks somewhere, but photo shows a damaged telegraph pole. 20200417_130036.jpg

20200417_120314.jpg
20200417_120232.jpg

Bob

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Back at the bench. Almost finised hull.

Decided to allow the wheels/suspension to move, so only glued the torsion bars at one end and cut off the swinging arms locating pin. Sadly cannot do this with the first/last arms as the fitted damper is solid.

Now, for a first bash at a dio, so using a base i bought and made a while back. I have some 1 35 bricks somewhere, but photo shows a damaged telegraph pole. View attachment 381281

View attachment 381279
View attachment 381280

Bob
HI Bob really good to see you modelling again so hope you are feelin better an the build is comin on great be nice to see you do a dio
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Chris, trying to do at least a hour a day, biggest problem is my up and down energy levels, right pain.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks again Chris

One day at a time lol

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice to see you are off and running Bob. Some very tidy work on the lower hull. Great to see the base already. Its going to be a terrific build.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Nice to see you are off and running Bob. Some very tidy work on the lower hull. Great to see the base already. Its going to be a terrific build.
Much appreciated Steve, hope you and family are ok

To be fair enjoying it so time for a dio:upside::upside: got to think what else to add as its a big base??

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Evening all

Bit more time at the bench, had to modify the front plate as its for a Dragon Pz 111F so would not fit the StuG. Loosely attached the superstruture. Needs a bit more fettling (love that word). Had to remove the headlight supports but the towing pintles and headlights should cover the sanded area.

Added rear panel and working on the engine deck, lots of small parts!
20200421_120518_001.jpg
20200421_120441_001.jpg

Have ordered another kit for the dio, of course knocked out by the StuG!

Hope its looking the part??

Bob

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Paul

Hopefully not far off, then when the other kit arrives i can crack on with that

Bob

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking more like a Stug III now. Do we get to know what the knocked out prey is? Or are you keeping it as a surprise?!
Looking good so far
Cheers
P
Ps. It’s good to hear you’re feeling better and getting some modelling time.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Looking more like a Stug III now. Do we get to know what the knocked out prey is? Or are you keeping it as a surprise?!
Looking good so far
Cheers
P
Ps. It’s good to hear you’re feeling better and getting some modelling time.
Ta very much

Feeling better thanks, taking its time but i think my current health issues are not helping.

Did a bit more today, no surprise a knocked out T34 / 76. Got the cheap oldie Tamiya on order.

Will give me practice on both ref shell impacts etc

Bob

• Sad
Reactions: JR