Bob
Thank you Mike

Glad you find the history bit of interest:thumb2:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
This is just an idea for the dio, opinions please??

A knocked out T34 which has knocked down a telegraph pole. Then the StuG passing it going over rubble, hope the moveable suspension works
20200427_120557.jpg
20200427_120609.jpg

Any ideas or advice chaps!!

Bob

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I'm not a dio person I'm afraid Bob but I know JR is doing special deals on his bricks from his own brickwork's if your interested :smiling2: ;) :cool:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Bob, the idea is sound, but I don’t think the telegraph pole would break like that. I think it would more likely break at the base and fall away from the tank, or just be pushed over.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Can see your point Tim, asked the misses if i could drive her car (not mine) into one to see what happened, she said no, bit unfair i think;)
That is just damn un-cooperative of her, I would have asked mine to do the driving so that for technical reasons (insurance) I could observe the impact. As for teeth, who needs them, they are only there to stop you putting more cake in... :tongue-out3:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
On the final straight. Interior finished but not fitted, i will paint the gun cradle seperate to the floor to hopefully make it easier

The position of the ammo racks on the plans is terrible with no locating holes or even a outline!! It does show the stick grenades on the rear mounted ammo bin but strictly they were fitted from Ausf D but will be a nightmare to remove so they are staying! The rear ammo bin is held by masking tape and again no locating pins.
20200501_131355.jpg
20200501_131415.jpg
20200501_131430.jpg

Next is the fenders.

Hope it looks ok chaps

Cheers bob

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking good Bob.
Agree with Tim with regards to the telegraph pole. I think it would be more realistic laying on the ground in front of the T-34. Perhaps you could even have a ball of concrete/earth/pavement at the base which has been torn from the ground with it?
To save yourself some time and money I’d first create the uneven ground with polystyrene then cover that with the rubble. Looking at period photographs of many bombed out and cleared streets it’s amazing how much rubble there is to a knocked down building - up to 2 storeys high! This could be the scene at the edge of such carnage but i think the pile should be the lower slopes of a much bigger pile. This will give the rubble some context and add to the realism.
It’ll be a nice busy scene and I look forward to seeing the progress.
Cheers
P

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Sound advice sir, thanks!

Plenty to think about

Bob

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nearly there now Bob with the build. Looks like you are have a lot of fun building her. Very tidy work.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Whats not to luv when you have a StuG to ruin lol Steve!!

Doing a bit every day, got to decide wether to leave bits off and paint on there own and importantly brush or spray the interior??

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Now that my doc has agreed that i can go out for a short stroll and very nice too!!

So finally returned to the garage, hoovered all the cr*p off the bench and primed the interior with Mr surfacer 1500 50/50 with mr color thinner. Will leave for a day then red and ivory interior, very impressed at how well it sprays

Will remove the rear wall before the red oxide
20200511_132612.jpg
20200511_132634.jpg
20200511_132648.jpg
Primed the ammo boxs, and the radio pannier, gun and its cradle

Not a lot but pleased that i did not co*k it up, been a good few months since i last picked up a airbrush!!

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Bob

Good to see your back up and at it

Reminds me I still have a beautiful B to work on

Keep well and enjoy the bench

Regards

Steve H

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice primer paint work Bob.

Think the guys are right about the telegraph pole, more sort of pushed over with loads of soil and concrete around the base.
Whats this slur on T34 drivers anyway, knocking down poles, never, all highly trained having converted from using horses and carts.:smiling:
4BO Rules.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Morning Bob

Good to see your back up and at it

Reminds me I still have a beautiful B to work on

Keep well and enjoy the bench

Regards

Steve H
Many thanks Steve, how are you?? Only problem the horrible garage!

Looking good Bob.
Cheers Tim, appreciated!

Nice primer paint work Bob.

Think the guys are right about the telegraph pole, more sort of pushed over with loads of soil and concrete around the base.
Whats this slur on T34 drivers anyway, knocking down poles, never, all highly trained having converted from using horses and carts.:smiling:
4BO Rules.
It was either ram the StuG or the pole, of course the T34 would bounce off the handsome StuG. Thanks John, now what is this 4BO larky:thinking:

Great to see you back painting. Very tidy work my friend

Good to hear from you Steve, steady as she goes!!

Now todays progess however it did not start well. Airbrush did not behave, thought it was the lacquer, so stripped brush, made another dose of paint BUT again sprayed terrible, so stripped again (swear box over flowing by now) then looked at the pressure gauge and yes only reading under 10 psi D'oh, simple adjustment and problem gone, BUGGER:disappointed:

So used MRP red oxide and what a lovely paint to spray, superb.
20200512_144759.jpg
20200512_144812.jpg

Then used Tamiya racing white, to spray the rear wall and ammo bins and cradle, although not sure??
20200512_144826.jpg

Might need another coat, happy with the red oxide

Ta bob