Next build folks

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Used my shiny new compressor machine today and i love it!! Quick to fill the tank but when it swtiched off i thought oh no whats gone wrong:angry: ,then D'oh its meant to do it ;)

Gave it another coat of Tamiya LP racing white, next up paint seats, radios etc then varnish, then dirt etc

Not 100% that the racing white is ok for the ivory???

books feb 001.JPG

books feb 002.JPG

steady as she goes :thumb2:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Not 100% that the racing white is ok for the ivory???
As far as I know it’s too light and too white :smiling3: Ivory is basically a very pale sand colour, I think.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I know its been debated for years, but i agree Jakko. Might add a bit of dunkelgelb? Then re spray

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Found in the stash the Ammo interior paint set, never used Ammo paints.

To be fair it sprayed well without thinning and does give a more ivory with a hint of cream.20200517_130749.jpg

Happy but no expert on what is right or wrong!!

Bob

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Bob
Just caught up with this. Glad you're on the mend and allowed out. Build looks good. Very neat and well researched. I like the dio idea although not sure where the pole would break but I do feel the missus should have been more cooperative regarding your desire to 'get things right'.
Jim

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Bob
Just caught up with this. Glad you're on the mend and allowed out. Build looks good. Very neat and well researched. I like the dio idea although not sure where the pole would break but I do feel the missus should have been more cooperative regarding your desire to 'get things right'.
Jim
Afternoon Jim

Pleased to hear from you. Its good to be out for my daily stroll, so simple but enjoyable :thumb2:

Enjoy the reseach and i have enough StuG books lol

Believe it or not, this is the first time i have done a StuG interior! Going well and very pleased with the compressor.

Julies being mean and has hidden the keys;)

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Found in the stash the Ammo interior paint set, never used Ammo paints.
Don’t use them over bare plastic, is my experience. I brush-painted some onto a part and it beaded up almost as if I had brushed water on there instead of paint. After letting it dry a second coat covered the remainder, but it would have been better to put a coat of some other brand of paint, like Tamiya, on first as a pseudo-primer.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Looking good so far Bob
Cheers
P
Thanks Mr P!!

Don’t use them over bare plastic, is my experience. I brush-painted some onto a part and it beaded up almost as if I had brushed water on there instead of paint. After letting it dry a second coat covered the remainder, but it would have been better to put a coat of some other brand of paint, like Tamiya, on first as a pseudo-primer.
[/QUOTE
Handy to know Jakko, thanks

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
I think they are fine through airbrush...just not suitable for brush painting, despite what it says on the bottle.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’m not convinced they’re good for airbrushing onto bare plastic either :smiling3:

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
I’m not convinced they’re good for airbrushing onto bare plastic either :smiling3:
Worked fine for me...but if I tried to touch anything up with a brush, then experienced the same droplets you refer to.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Had no problems spraying and not thinned

Did spray on top of the Tamiya lp, went on well, good coverage and no blockages etc. Will use this again for interiors

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice work on the interior wet stuff Bob. I always use Aged White or Ivory by Vallejo for the interior walls. Once you have done some weathering and put a dark filter on it the look will be spot on

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Nice work on the interior wet stuff Bob. I always use Aged White or Ivory by Vallejo for the interior walls. Once you have done some weathering and put a dark filter on it the look will be spot on
Cheers Steve, happy so far

Looking good Bob nice work on the interior.
Thanks Scottie, first time i have attempted a StuG interior!

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
This was indeed a pleasant surprise! Since I finally got around to beginning my copy of the very same kit in the GB, I hope to follow this as well to be forewarned, learn about which colours to use, etc.

Here's hoping for your full recovery and a pleasurable remaining build!