not stew again.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Scottie - if you are looking at pre moulded rivets/bolts also check out Masterclub, Grandt Line and Meng

If you need any accessories for your kitchen Historex still do their spare parts, available from Historex Agents

Knives, forks, spoons, pots, pans, plates, bottles, dead animals etc - all kinds of neat stuff

Historex

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie - if you are looking at pre moulded rivets/bolts also check out Masterclub, Grandt Line and Meng

If you need any accessories for your kitchen Historex still do their spare parts, available from Historex Agents

Knives, forks, spoons, pots, pans, plates, bottles, dead animals etc - all kinds of neat stuff

Historex
Cheers Simon I do have some etch pots and pans etc but I will look up those other items.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I'm drooling and not because of the smells of whats cooking. These are details I wished I had the patience for. Scottie, you're cooking up a scrumpshess mobile kitchen. You'll have a long line of hungry Germans waiting for their meal. I see John and Steve also waiting in line...hey whose side are they on. :tears-of-joy:

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie,

Another build already and the level of detail is brilliant.

Marty
Thanks Marty, Just a few little tweaks along the way as everybody knows that accuracy is never high on my list as long as it looks the part.
I'm drooling and not because of the smells of whats cooking. These are details I wished I had the patience for. Scottie, you're cooking up a scrumpshess mobile kitchen. You'll have a long line of hungry Germans waiting for their meal. I see John and Steve also waiting in line...hey whose side are they on. :tears-of-joy:

Cheers,
Richard
Hi Richard, Glad you like it mate your not to bad with detailing yourself :smiling3: . Well you know those two always after free food.
Nice hardware work Paul
Thanks Lee, glad to see you sticking with it.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The cook part of the build is now pretty much done some more details added, again not 100% correct but hopefully will add a little. These include hinges made from pewter and copper wire. Latches for the lids from the etch box. the trail leg had the solid clamp removed and a new one scratched from plastic, copper wire and a scratched chain. The wheels has a lot of seams so these were cleaned up a woodish grain scratched in and metal rims added. There are also some detail added to the hubs. The wheels are not glued yet so I can remove for painting. One thing I have noticed is I have knocked part of the handle off the coffee grinder so I will need to replace that.

Next I will be moving on to the limber.

As always thanks for following and pointers welcome.

Scottie

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
Scottie,

When you mention Pewter is that the Same as lead foil and where do you get it from.

Marty

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Marty,
No it is different from lead as it is an alloy of tin and copper and a few other things or though you can get some with lead in it. It is soft enough to work with but a bit stiffer than lead so holds its shape better. To help it stick I always roughen the surface with a scourer of scratch it with a sharp blade. I got mine from evil bay but there are lots of places to get it. It comes in various thicknesses and a sheet will last for ages. HTH.

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
Scottie,

Thanks mate I am gonna have a look now. Do you know the best sort of thickness to get.
By the way forgot to mention it but the rims look really good mate.

Marty

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
No worries, The stuff I have is 0.3mm but other sizes are available and I need to get some more.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I agree with Neil. Some wonderful work Scottie. You really are pulling out the stops on this one.

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
Scottie,

Thanks mate, as everyone else has said your build is fantastic and I can't wait to see your figures.

Marty

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Blimey that's the mutt's nuts Paul! :tongue-out:
Thanks Neil as long as their not in the stew :tongue-out3:
I agree with Neil. Some wonderful work Scottie. You really are pulling out the stops on this one.
Thanks Steve, this a simple but enjoyable build.
Scottie,

Thanks mate, as everyone else has said your build is fantastic and I can't wait to see your figures.

Marty
Thanks Martyn, They are a way off yet but hopefully I will do them justice that is the point