not stew again.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Your detailing is astounding, far beyond my rough and tumble approach to modeling.
Jim
:thumb2:
Hi Jim there is nothing rough and tumble about your modelling and thanks for the kind words.
Everything you do just makes things Wow :smiling3:.
Ralph, Thanks that is very nice of you to say.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Not sure about the use of wood and steel but JR has first hand knowledge. He was in the Russian version of the Home Guard during WWII. Apparently there was a damaged one left outside his shack on the outskirts of Leningrad. His wife and children used to fire it up on a Friday to bake their potatoes.

Apart from that its a fantastic build. Luvin it a lot. Can't wait to see how you get on with the horses LOL

D

Deleted member 6559

More great detailing Scottie. Had a look at the reference and the back rest on the limber is the right way round - attachments to the front as the kit has it.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Steve stop giving the family history away :smiling:
Paul some limbers were made of pressed steel , in that photo I would imagine that front section was made that way. , hence the strengthening sections.
Timber would have played a part though, would think the floor would have been timber, remember all this came from the making of wooden carts.
found this.

might give you a bit more.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not sure about the use of wood and steel but JR has first hand knowledge. He was in the Russian version of the Home Guard during WWII. Apparently there was a damaged one left outside his shack on the outskirts of Leningrad. His wife and children used to fire it up on a Friday to bake their potatoes.

Apart from that its a fantastic build. Luvin it a lot. Can't wait to see how you get on with the horses LOL
Steve, I had heard the same story but I heard he tried to bake them but burnt them to a crisp.
More great detailing Scottie. Had a look at the reference and the back rest on the limber is the right way round - attachments to the front as the kit has it.
Peter, It was the same on mine just didn't look right, but thanks for checking and the kind words.
Steve stop giving the family history away :smiling:
Paul some limbers were made of pressed steel , in that photo I would imagine that front section was made that way. , hence the strengthening sections.
Timber would have played a part though, would think the floor would have been timber, remember all this came from the making of wooden carts.
found this.

might give you a bit more.
Cheers John, I will go for pressed steel as there is no hint of wood grain anywhere, but that said there is no woodgrain on the wheels either lol.
By the way your family secrets will go no further.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Jim. Scottie taught me everything I know :smiling5: :loudly-crying: ;) :cool:

Oh dear that's you off MrT's Christmas Magic Potion List then.
"Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and howlet's wing,--
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble." ,
Banished to the badlands, where plastic fails to stick, and rivets refuse to stay. :smiling2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul

Oh dear that's you off MrT's Christmas Magic Potion List then.
"Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and howlet's wing,--
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble." ,
Banished to the badlands, where plastic fails to stick, and rivets refuse to stay. :smiling2:
John,
Remind me not to come to a BBQ at yours lol.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Superb Scottie, again !!

What you going to use for the brockwurst stains lol

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi All. I have added some pewter rims to the wheels and made some metal swivels for the harness blocks. the wheels are loose so I can remove them for painting. This is now done apart from adding clutter later.348288

Unsually for me I have decided to make a start on the base at the same time, I normally wait until the model is finished. I am going to try and have a go at creating a farm house and a small courtyard. Please excuse the rough filler this will all be smoothed when dry.

Thanks for looking
Scottie

Last edited:

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Wow... from the small kitchen.... to a farm house... reminds me someone... ehheheehehehheh

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul .
This has every thing going for it, the farm house will be suberb.
That limber would make a stand alone model itself with that level of detail :thumb2: