• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
How did you guess! :smiling5:
Preiser has some of those. Nudists too, if you feel the bathing suits may be overdoing it ;)

Anyway, the reason I asked is because there are lots of metal and resin wargames figures by smaller manufacturers that might suit this vehicle. Most, though, will be a bit on the big side if this is 1:72 scale.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
20mm would probably be the right scale for this. 28mm figures will make it look like a toy. North Star do a Gaslands range in 20mm. There must be others in 20mm, so I’ll take a look....Possibly Middle Eastern influenced might suit?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Andy
Plenty here
However, I have never used them so am not sure of the quality......the style will be slightly Caricatured, but most gaming figures are. They are metals, but are not that hard to prep...

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Tim, looks like I might find something useful there.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andy,
I really like where this is going. I would like to believe that after an apocalypse people would be sick of war but i think it would be more like the world of "Mad Max" so everyone would be armed to the teeth.

D

Deleted member 7181

Cheers Paul, and yes, you're probably right.

But we're in fantasy land here so I can dream :smiling4:

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Simon. I've not been able to find much in oo but I'll have another look.

EDIT: Maybe I should just have a go at adding a shemagh to the figures I have. Never going to happen at this scale... :smiling5:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Andy, another option is head swaps....find figures with heads you like and swap them onto figures with bodies that you like. Just a little filling then.....

D

Deleted member 7181

Good idea Tim, but it's the heads I'm having the most trouble with. I'd settle for pretty much anything with the right kind of head gear.

I'll keep looking though. At the rate I'm going I'll be at this until Christmas, so no rush!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Andy, what headgear are you looking for? There are very many manufacturers out there, but I need something to aim at....you could take heads off of weaponed figures and use them on pacific types.....
I get the impression you want LRDG types in passive poses? If so, Arabic type heads might suit....

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Not that niche Neil, try something like 7TV
or Foundry
for variety or unusual stuff....but all in 28mm I’m afraid...20mm (1/72) is a bit harder to find.....

D

Deleted member 7181

Hi Tim, there's a guy stood in front of the vehicle in my first post. Something like that but without a weapon ideally.

Thanks for your time on this (and others). It was only something I mentioned in passing, I wasn't really asking for help, so I appreciate all your efforts.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
An option, though might still be a little too military...and a bit older.
Cheers
Tim

D

Deleted member 7181

I'm still working on this bit by bit, but had my first proper day off in a while today so managed to get something done that's worth showing (I hope lol)

I'd added the MAZ 537 winch onto the trailers load bed already, so figured it was time for some stowage. I started with some random resin bits. They are from a bag of 1/35 seconds I got cheap, but will work fine here.

o3e36Cs.jpg

Primed, then partially covered with a PVA/paint tarp

Ho0jxPc.jpg

I splashed some paint around. This also softens the tarps structure, so helps with shaping

pNWc8Z3.jpg

Then I added a few more bits, some coming from the MAZ donor vehicle.

iQbzGSO.jpg