Putting you through

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul,

Work is killing me, but everything is fine otherwise. No real table time though. Ron is building a corrected version of the Das Werk Faun 900 tank transporter at the moment.

Allen, Not long now until your a rentner mate. I just had a look at his latest excellent as always.
Just arrived Paul, been in the garden, sorry I missed so much.
Up to your usual high standard. Will sit with Dude 1 and keep him awake.
John good to see you mate you will need lots of strong coffee to stay awake during my builds.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Scottie, starting to look like my Spitfire innards...all nice and busy. Mk1 was okay but Mk2 looks like it's getting the concentrated effort you always put in to a build. The Enigma machine is wicked. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great to see you sticking with the interior. The enigma machine is awesome. Tried to do one myself once. Failed miserably. I wonder if anyone makes them or 3d prints them. It would be a great accessory to put on our builds??? Keep up the great work my friend

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
The enigma machine is awesome. Tried to do one myself once. Failed miserably. I wonder if anyone makes them or 3d prints them. It would be a great accessory to put on our builds???

Hi Stevie,

Have a look at this Bro,

140310-11395-pristine.jpg

It's from Plus Models, kit #249, in 1/35 scale. It's got everything you need.....Hope you are well in the Plymouth......

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great to see you sticking with the interior. The enigma machine is awesome. Tried to do one myself once. Failed miserably. I wonder if anyone makes them or 3d prints them. It would be a great accessory to put on our builds??? Keep up the great work my friend
Steve,
Plus models do one and I have ordered it as it is better than my attempt I think mine is to big.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Cheers Allen. That's an awesome piece of kit. On the case to get it ordered. All is well in Plymouth. Hunkering down for the weekend storms.

It would be interesting to compare the size when it arrives Paul. I thought your's looked pretty neat

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
It's possible to do in 1/87 scale, you just have to be willing to spend exorbitant amounts of time and "cuss" words in order to get it done......oh and a little detached in the faculties......I happen to qualify for all of the above!! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2::tongue-out::thumb2:. Rick H.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
It's possible to do in 1/87 scale, you just have to be willing to spend exorbitant amounts of time and "cuss" words in order to get it done......oh and a little detached in the faculties......I happen to qualify for all of the above!! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2::tongue-out::thumb2:. Rick H.
That's strange I suffer from the 1/35 version

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks brilliant - I wouldn't know where to start!
Cheers Gerry, Thanks mate, Me neither just bumbling along.
Hi Scottie, starting to look like my Spitfire innards...all nice and busy. Mk1 was okay but Mk2 looks like it's getting the concentrated effort you always put in to a build. The Enigma machine is wicked. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard
Cheers Richard glad you like it.
Cheers Allen. That's an awesome piece of kit. On the case to get it ordered. All is well in Plymouth. Hunkering down for the weekend storms.

It would be interesting to compare the size when it arrives Paul. I thought your's looked pretty neat
Cheers Steve I think mine will compare to a baby grand piano lol.
Some very nice work there Paul, the scratch built details are up to your usual high standard.
Thank you Graeme appreciate it.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I looked up a build from a guy called Ron Lebart who some guys might remember from another site who did en excellent job of detailing the internals on a different radio truck. Although the layout is different from mine it did give me some excellent ideas and a good reminder of his skills.

Another cupboard for the other side of the door is in progress this one has shelves to store the two boxes of equipment which I have also scratched.

DSCF2853.JPG

DSCF2854.JPG

Two folding camp stools were also scratched from wire and pewter these will hang on the bottom of the cupboards.

DSCF2851.JPG

A lock and door handle have been added to the back door.

DSCF2852.JPG

The handle needs a clean it has picked up something.

cheers
Scottie