scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Terrific response from everyone Paul and rightly so. Your dio's are just as good as your models. One part of modelling I failed miserably at. Keep up the great work my friend. Will the river bed be a dry one or a wet one?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Terrific response from everyone Paul and rightly so. Your dio's are just as good as your models. One part of modelling I failed miserably at. Keep up the great work my friend. Will the river bed be a dry one or a wet one?
Steve, Thanks mate glad you like it so far, I should take longer on them but I tend to rush them a little. I hoping to have a shallow stream running under the bridge, this again is a new adventure as I have only ever done puddles before so it could all go horribly wrong.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have put some colour on the bridge with various browns in preparation for weathering and detailing.

Had a go at a tree. I want you to be brutally honest, how do you think it looks. I still have work to do on it but as to the basic form yah or nah.

cheers
Scottie

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Paul,

Be brutal Bro??? Not even with your fine work. I would say the tree is suited to the Italian or southern European theaters as it is not too tall and could pass for an olive or other fruit tree.

Now if you make a bunch of apples or pears and hang them in the tree, then we are talking northern Europe such as Germany and France. But hey, what do I know about trees other than they grow everywhere my friend. It does look good though!!!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Evening Paul,

Be brutal Bro??? Not even with your fine work. I would say the tree is suited to the Italian or southern European theaters as it is not too tall and could pass for an olive or other fruit tree.

Now if you make a bunch of apples or pears and hang them in the tree, then we are talking northern Europe such as Germany and France. But hey, what do I know about trees other than they grow everywhere my friend. It does look good though!!!
Allen good to see you. I'm just happy it looks like a tree :tongue-out3: The next step will be to try and make them look like a particular type but at the moment that's a long way off. Glad you like it though.
Love it. PaulE
Paul thanks fella.
Yah....
Tree looks great as does everything else :thumb2:
Si thanks fella glad you approve so far.

Last edited:

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Scottie,
Great build, love the ground work and that bridge looks just right, a 'neutral' tree works wonders, never mind Allen and his fruit - he was never fed as a child....:hungry:
Cheers, Mike.