Rickety Bridge

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Scottie there is nothing more I can add as its all been said by the guys but VERY WELL DONE on the TREE an the BRIDGE VERY REALISTIC as is the STREAM I keep exspecting to see fish in it :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
chris

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie there is nothing more I can add as its all been said by the guys but VERY WELL DONE on the TREE an the BRIDGE VERY REALISTIC as is the STREAM I keep exspecting to see fish in it :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
chris
Christopher, You are to kind thanks mate.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sorry some more pictures a little more vegetation added. The bridge has been weathered with some great pigments from an old mate called Dieter Etzel. Tried to show a little lichen growing on the wood and a dusty top. The green is not so bright as it appears in the pictures and the dirt is still drying but hopefully you get the idea. And finally a few leaves were added here and there just for effect. I managed to scratch the top of the water so another very thin layer has been added.

thanks again for looking
Scottie

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That's nice Scottie. :thumb2: We seem to think alike...I have a similar bridge also in balsa gathering dust. I'll show it sometime if I get back to continuing it.

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Fantastic additions. The debris on the bridge is spot on. The green tint on the woodwork is perfect. Terrific work mate

Last edited:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hiya Scottie,
Well I’m totally blown away.....yet again. You seem to have covered every aspect to perfection.

Very, very good mate, you certainly have a knack for buildings and ground work! I can see this winning at a show....easily :thumb2:

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Scottie

Very nicely done, a very natural looking decor. If you are thinking of adding ripples in the river one trick that I found is to pour a thin layer of acrylic then before it dries go over it with an airbrush to push the surface into very natural looking ripples and waves. You could use acrylic artists medium or gloss ModPodge for this layer.

John

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Fantastic additions. The debris on the bridge is spot on. The green tint on the woodwork is perfect. Terrific work mate
Steve, very kind of you to say mate.
Hiya Scottie,
Well I’m totally blown away.....yet again. You seem to have covered every aspect to perfection.

Very, very good mate, you certainly have a knack for buildings and ground work! I can see this winning at a show....easily :thumb2:
Si, Thank you mate kind of you to say but not sure about a show winner.
Scottie

Very nicely done, a very natural looking decor. If you are thinking of adding ripples in the river one trick that I found is to pour a thin layer of acrylic then before it dries go over it with an airbrush to push the surface into very natural looking ripples and waves. You could use acrylic artists medium or gloss ModPodge for this layer.

John
John that's a great idea, unfortunately mine had already hardened but I will try that next time I do a water scene
Incredibly realistic Scottie. I don't know how you do it.
Peter thanks mate, Now it's figure time my least favourite bit.
Very nice dio Scottie :thumb2:
Cheers, Steven
Steven, Thank you very nice of you to say.

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Paul totally awesome work, one can only dream of making something of this quality, it makes you want to drop a line in and see if you a bite.
Pete.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul ,Steve has beaten me to it, but the debris on that bridge 10/10 love the dirt at the side where it's been thrown from the wheels. Nice green mold to the timber, just what you would expect in damp areas . Top class mate ,hope you will enter this next year !