Rickety Bridge

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have been working on the base I have started to add some plants from both natural and after market sources. The bridge received some weathering and has been placed. Some weeds and stones were added before the water was added but I think I have made it a little to dark as unless you look really closely you cannot see anything now. When it has dried solid after a few days I will carry on with the detailing, but I am pretty happy with it so far.

Thanks for looking.
Scottie

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
WOW!! Jaw dropping stuff Scottie. Unbelievably impressive. This could be a contender for your best ever mate. You must be really pleased. Look forward to seeing the vehicle in place. Permission to carry on:smiling3:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Superb Scottie - wonderfully naturalistic.
Thanks Peter still a way to go yet.
WOW!! Jaw dropping stuff Scottie. Unbelievably impressive. This could be a contender for your best ever mate. You must be really pleased. Look forward to seeing the vehicle in place. Permission to carry on:smiling3:
Thanks mate I must admit I am quite happy so far. Please carry on but don't let matron catch you.
Absolutely top notch modelling Paul :smiling3:.
Ralph, Very kind of you mate.

Dustbin

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice to see a stream that is natural looking rather than crystal clear, can you tell me what you used for the trees foliage please ? Fantastic dio so far
Paul B

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Paul,

I have to agree that the stream looks really natural and you can still see what's in it. Your gardening skills are getting better every day and the whole scene just looks so good!!! I tip my hat to you buddy…………..

PS, Mike suffers from delirium every so often!!!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice to see a stream that is natural looking rather than crystal clear, can you tell me what you used for the trees foliage please ? Fantastic dio so far
Paul B

Thanks Paul, I did think I had made it to dark but actually I don't think it's to bad after all. The tree was made from wire and covered with plaster and PVA, the branches were covered with the stuffing from a soft toy teased out until it was very thin. This was sprayed with various browns and lastly covered with various green flock. The other small bushes I have to thank John Race for as he grew these in his green house and let me have a box full.
HTH.
Evening Paul,

I have to agree that the stream looks really natural and you can still see what's in it. Your gardening skills are getting better every day and the whole scene just looks so good!!! I tip my hat to you buddy…………..

PS, Mike suffers from delirium every so often!!!
Allen, You are to kind my friend really glad you like it so far. As to Mike no comment lol.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Paul , that is one STONKING base, a thing of extreeeeeme beauty!
It's almost a shame to put a vehicle on it as that will detract from the amazing craftsmanship.
Top job!
Neil

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Damn missed the start, sorry Paul.
Wood working 10/10.
Love the scene, looks really well thought out, agree with the idea.

Not that you have but just a note, if anyone uses PVA and it leaves a residue on the timber which can stop the paint covering, a little cellulose thinners rubbed into the area can lift the glue stain.

John.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul , that is one STONKING base, a thing of extreeeeeme beauty!
It's almost a shame to put a vehicle on it as that will detract from the amazing craftsmanship.
Top job!
Neil
Neil, Thanks mate I am blown away with that comment really glad you like it.
Damn missed the start, sorry Paul.
Wood working 10/10.
Love the scene, looks really well thought out, agree with the idea.

Not that you have but just a note, if anyone uses PVA and it leaves a residue on the timber which can stop the paint covering, a little cellulose thinners rubbed into the area can lift the glue stain.

John.
John, No worries your here now. Thanks for the kind comment. I didn't know that but have stored it away now for future use..
Love it Paul
:thumb2:
Jim, Thanks mate glad it meets with your approval.
I’m with Ralph top notch

Lee, Thanks matey.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
I'm impressed with your dio Paul, the vegetation looks natural.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
A most excellent looking scene. A very tree like tree and the stream is very natural looking. The water is not too dark at all.
Jim