Rickety Bridge

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
First Name
Stuart
Hi Scottie

Andy's hobby headquarters did a similar technique John mentioned Here. Looked very effective. The bridge is looking excellent with all the weathering and moss:thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John not used this myself but John (wotan) did say about he has used clear acrylic mediums and used an air brush to create ripples so that might be worth trying.
I did try that Paul, either the stuff is a little too thick or old, as it just blew if off the dio :smiling::smiling::smiling: so ended up using a tooth pick . Its drying now a lot clearer so time will tell .

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I did try that Paul, either the stuff is a little too thick or old, as it just blew if off the dio :smiling::smiling::smiling: so ended up using a tooth pick . Its drying now a lot clearer so time will tell .
look forward to seeing the result. Not sure if it applies to the stuff your using but I have seen videos of standing some mediums in hot water before use.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
look forward to seeing the result. Not sure if it applies to the stuff your using but I have seen videos of standing some mediums in hot water before use.
Thanks Paul, I'll try that tomorrow, the first coat looks ok --- ish :smiling2: might try a fleck ot two of white paint as well to give more movement .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Simply stunning Scottie. By far the best dio I have seen this year. You certainly upped your game on this one. More photos would be pleasant and I look forward to seeing the figure in place.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Incredibly realistic!
Pete
Pete, Thanks I am glad you like it.
Truly stunning Scottie!
Bob, really appreciate it.
Simply stunning Scottie. By far the best dio I have seen this year. You certainly upped your game on this one. More photos would be pleasant and I look forward to seeing the figure in place.
Steve, Thanks mate very kind of you to say but you can't have seen many lol. I will post some more pictures when I have put the figure in place. Groan I can here from the ranks.

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
Scottie,

I have been away for a while and I just saw this. What a build, it is definitely the duo of the year mate and nothing like giving yourself a challenge well done mate.

Marty

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie,

I have been away for a while and I just saw this. What a build, it is definitely the duo of the year mate and nothing like giving yourself a challenge well done mate.

Marty
Marty,
Thank you very much mate really glad you like it. And it's good to see you back again. Look forward to seeing what's on your bench.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Did someone say “Trout” I’m grabbing Fly Rod. Paul Museum Quality work here. It is outstanding. When Simon says it’s excellent you know it’s a great build. Bravo to you my friend

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Did someone say “Trout” I’m grabbing Fly Rod. Paul Museum Quality work here. It is outstanding. When Simon says it’s excellent you know it’s a great build. Bravo to you my friend
Lee, good luck with the fishing lol. You are very kind to say many thanks.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I will never be a Peter of this world and this is really as good as it gets, but I am reasonably happy with the result. I just cant get the finesse I'm after.
Any hoo I can now call this build complete.

I would like to say a very big thank you to all of you that have commented and encouraged me along the way. To receive the compliments from people of your calibre tells me that somewhere I am doing something right.

Thank you all again.
Scottie

D

Deleted member 4539

Very nicely painted figure Paul :smiling3:.
Like you said about the finesse of Peter but it does the job well.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The sad look on the driver is because the rest of the crew is soaking up the sun downstream. Great job Scottie. PaulE

• Haha
Reactions: JR