Rickety Bridge

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Simon...it's obvious you won't meet the GB deadline starting with just 15 days to build even with the aid of a 3D printer but a pretty good effort. :thumb2: Your builds average not less than two months for completion with the amount of detail put in. I mean you literally disassemble and reassemble the kit.
This is looking good and one the manufacturers don't have. I hope you continue even after the deadline has passed. Really looking forward to see the tracks and it get painted.

Keep it up and also waiting for the restart of your 1/15 scale M-51.

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul ,Steve has beaten me to it, but the debris on that bridge 10/10 love the dirt at the side where it's been thrown from the wheels. Nice green mold to the timber, just what you would expect in damp areas . Top class mate ,hope you will enter this next year !
John, Thanks very much for the very kind comments really glad you like it.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Simon...it's obvious you won't meet the GB deadline starting with just 15 days to build even with the aid of a 3D printer but a pretty good effort. :thumb2: Your builds average not less than two months for completion with the amount of detail put in. I mean you literally disassemble and reassemble the kit.
This is looking good and one the manufacturers don't have. I hope you continue even after the deadline has passed. Really looking forward to see the tracks and it get painted.

Keep it up and also waiting for the restart of your 1/15 scale M-51.

Cheers,
Richard
Hi Richard, Not sure how this ended up on my page lol but your right about Simon's builds.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Oops!! posted it on the wrong page. Sorry about that Scottie. I was wondering where it went and had to re-type a new message. You'll see that in his post.

Now on your bridge...you have done far better than I have as I still haven't put paint or plaster to the base. I have had it for 30 years...made it before I got married. I have not kept a photo of it but will snap one just to show you how strikingly similar the construction is. :hugging-face:

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have rippled the water not sure if I am completely happy with it but it is better than the unreal totally smooth surface. A little bit more foliage. The vehicle has been placed.

I took some pictures outside today and it looks a little better but I still can't take them properly lol.

I promise no more pictures until the figure is placed which I have painted and mr muscled twice so far. Oh to be Mr day :tongue-out3:

As always many thanks for the encouragement and support along the way.

Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
All I can say is that you really must stop pretending that real life reference photos are your model. I know you're doing that 'cause no-one can model that realistically :tongue-out3:
Jim

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I can feel the breeze that's rippling the creek and hear it rustling the leaves of the trees. I'm urged to take off my shoes & socks and dangle my feet in the water and enjoy the day. The M20 takes the light beautifully. Well done buddy. PaulE

D

Deleted member 7181

The natural daylight and shadows add yet another layer of realism. Outstanding work.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes Neil's right there, Blimey alright. :flushed:
I thought as first it was real !.................................... or is it :nerd:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
All I can say is that you really must stop pretending that real life reference photos are your model. I know you're doing that 'cause no-one can model that realistically :tongue-out3:
Jim
Ssssshhh please don't tell anyone I think I am getting away with it :tongue-out3: :tongue-out3: :tongue-out3:
I can feel the breeze that's rippling the creek and hear it rustling the leaves of the trees. I'm urged to take off my shoes & socks and dangle my feet in the water and enjoy the day. The M20 takes the light beautifully. Well done buddy. PaulE
Wow I am glad that it can conjour up pictures like that. Really appreciate the comment.
The natural daylight and shadows add yet another layer of realism. Outstanding work.
You can't get away from natural light especially when you can't operate a camera to sort out all the settings. Glad you like the build.
I will settle for that lol.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oops!! posted it on the wrong page. Sorry about that Scottie. I was wondering where it went and had to re-type a new message. You'll see that in his post.

Now on your bridge...you have done far better than I have as I still haven't put paint or plaster to the base. I have had it for 30 years...made it before I got married. I have not kept a photo of it but will snap one just to show you how strikingly similar the construction is. :hugging-face:

Cheers,
Richard
And I thought I was the only one to either loose posts or attempt to put them elsewhere.:smiling3:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John, Glad you like it and I have to thank you again for the shrubbery you kindly gave me it has really worked well on this scene.
Great Paul, glad its been of use. Your water is fantastic, any hints please to get those ripples, I've just put some Gesso Medium on the T38 and it looks like blobs. :confused:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great Paul, glad its been of use. Your water is fantastic, any hints please to get those ripples, I've just put some Gesso Medium on the T38 and it looks like blobs. :confused:
Not really I think I got lucky. I just waited until the surface was very nearly dry the with a tiff brush just poked it to form ripples. when this was completely hard after a few days it was dappled with delux making waves which keeps its shape when applied and can be build up in layers.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Not really I think I got lucky. I just waited until the surface was very nearly dry the with a tiff brush just poked it to form ripples. when this was completely hard after a few days it was dappled with delux making waves which keeps its shape when applied and can be build up in layers.
Thanks Paul.
This what I used.
15592305148291294016150839876465.jpg
When it's dried I'll have a better Idea. If not I know what to get .:smiling2: