Rick's 1-87 Roco/Komo SU-100's

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Gerry, Thanks for the kind words Sir.....I'll be fooling around with different ideas for track weathering until I get something that works for my purposes then I'll post 'em up and see what the members think......I have only done it a couple of other times and was not entirely satisfied with the results. Glad you like 'em so far. Rick H.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Damn Rick, you should be real proud of the both of 'em, tracks and all...Weeds are a good solution and would fit the scene well. You have done a fantastic job on these, especially in 1/87 scale!!!

Now for those who don't know Rick, Here's a pic of him in action when he was youngster on the Steppe,

IMG_1872.JPG
For Discussion Purposes Only

As you can see, he was very artistic in his youth..................

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nah Allen, that dudes right handed.....I'm a south paw! But if one cares to check I did get the 212 decal placed properly, right up to the edge of the front Glacis plate! :thumb2: BTW.....thanks for dropping by and the nice comments.......miss you buddy;)

Last edited:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Excellent work Rick so far.

Very well done indeed!!

ATB.

Andrew

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Just caught up with this Rick, great work all around.

Jim.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Jim, just getting down to the brass tacks now.....should have the hitchhikers onboard the Rooskie version PDQ! Thinking 'bout a small base for it also. Whatcha working on these days? ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Rick the first thing that comes to mind is how on earth did you manage to get a figure into the front hatch ? And how many times did you try !
Think the tracks look ok, they wrap the front and rear drive and idler well .
Looking to see the precision dance team on stage .:tongue-out3:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
And there's me complaining about the size of bits on the one I'm doing!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi JR. I hadn't glued the top and bottom of the tank together yet, so I made a seat cushion for his little bum and after I got him all painted up, I glued him in place and there he is. Glad you like it. :thumb2:

• Love
Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Gerry, .... I have been following your build and I have to say it's more than I would want on my plate! Just the skis and all the etch was enough for me ! ;)

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Hi Gerry, .... I have been following your build and I have to say it's more than I would want on my plate! Just the skis and all the etch was enough for me ! ;)
What's the saying Rick - "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread' - if I'd have actually looked, I'd probably have gone for a tank!:smiling::smiling:
But seriously, you've done a great job with these two little 'uns.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Awwww shucks.......Thanks Gerry much appreciated.:smiling2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Knocked out this base last evening......most fun I have had in a long time. Got to play with a couple of new tools I've had for some time. I bought them for a stalled Field Hospital and another stalled RXR freight shed/siding project. As you might have guessed it is a Static King from Woodland Scenics and there is also a Mini Vac. for picking up the loose grasses once the work is dry. This is not a finished model still some stuff to do detailwise but I wanted some opinions on the muddy tracks, as I am still not 100 percent sure of the effect.P1012151.JPGP1012153.JPGP1012155.JPGP1012156.JPGP1012157.JPGP1012158.JPGP1012159.JPG

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Base is looking good Rick. Muddy tracks are pretty good, though a dry brush in a lighter colour might restore the texture a bit?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'll see what I can do......no promises. Thanks for the comments guys.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Looks good to me - really looks like the driver has found the wettest area - though reading both the above suggestions, I wouldn't have thought of them and they're great ideas (will probably 'borrow' them for a future base;):thumb2:)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice Rick .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks JR, still a little more to do to the Rooskie version......tracks, weathering, antenna and hitchhikers. hopefully I'll have these completed by the end of the week.;)