Rick's Cornerstone 1-87 scale P-51 Mustang

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Right Tim.........just so you know my hand happens to be "average"......I posted the length and wingspan last night to Chris, if you care to check. ;)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN Rick what a bueaty that tang is an yes now can understand the size very nice work now she's get her make up on brilliant build an dont drop it an lasties with smithy ..... well at least you both can say you have acheived somthing lol
chrisb

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
As well as the excellent aircraft, perhaps a tinlet of paint balanced on the end of each finger would give us a better idea of scale?

Your Servant.
I. Madge Uggler

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Jim........I'm not out of the woods yet. Still have that troublesome MLG to deal with and hopefully the clear coat won't give me any trouble going over the top of this Alclad stuff. I'm also a little apprehensive about the canopy mask......:thinking:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening Rick, or might be morning , anyway looking really good. Just shows how small a scale you work in .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks JR........just had a mishap....couple of bubbles on my bird popped 'em and hit 'em with Micro set and the numbers ran on both sides. :angry: not terrible but enough to turn the air BLUE. So what I thought might turn out to be a nice little build has come up and taken a great big gite out of my U-NO-WOT!!!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well, I'm done with the decals and they ain't gonna get any better.......The gear is now on with gear doors and tires. I'll let that set up real good and we'll see if it will hold its weight when cured. Fingers crossed. When I unmasked the canopy......of course there was bleed under the tape line so I managed to carefully remove the excess paint and will try to polish the plexi a little tomorrow. All for now.P1012447.JPG

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well, I'm done with the decals and they ain't gonna get any better.......The gear is now on with gear doors and tires. I'll let that set up real good and we'll see if it will hold its weight when cured. Fingers crossed. When I unmasked the canopy......of course there was bleed under the tape line so I managed to carefully remove the excess paint and will try to polish the plexi a little tomorrow. All for now.View attachment 466065
Looking good Rick !
..... Looks like I better get a wriggle on if I don't wanna get left behind ;)
Good stuff mate :smiling3:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
No worry Mr. Smiff......at the rate I keep breaking stuff you'll probably get there ahead of me! :tongue-out3:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
No worry Mr. Smiff......at the rate I keep breaking stuff you'll probably get there ahead of me! :tongue-out3:
Rick gently gently softly softly cachee monkey as i think the sayin goes just take your time when handlein this little bueaty as you have nr built it brilliant modeling at it best my freind :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
chrisb

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
OK........it's done....conditionally, that is. I intend to make a small diorama at some point with an airstrip, small grassy area with the bird, a couple of ground crewmen readying this crate for a mission......oh and a jeep with the pilot talking to the driver. Sound interesting? This model is just a small "tribute" to the men of Tuskegee who fought "two" wars at the same time to find their rightful place in the World. Hope you like it.P1012450.JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Rick

Just had a catch up. That's turned out very well indeed and a great tribute indeed.

Very well done and can't wait for the dio!

ATB.

Andrew