S model 1/72 3.7 cm PaK 36 Auf Renault UE build (Simon T tribute group build)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Only one word to say to this WOW :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Agree about the drivers position, bet he'd wished he'd been the gunner .
Thanks John. I bet they picked all the little blokes to drive, imagine a six foot plus chap getting in and out of it ;)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Tim
That is looking really good. The planning and building for a conversion so tiny is a tribute to your skills and patience.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Tim
That is looking really good. The planning and building for a conversion so tiny is a tribute to your skills and patience.
Jim
Hi Jim. Not much planning really, I’m just copying the German modifications. Many thanks for the nice compliment though :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Sorry TIM. I don't know why I do it - must have some kind of mental block. Apologies again and post corrected.
Don’t sweat over it Peter, it just makes me smile ;) I did wonder if it was an autocorrect thing though?

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Afternoon Wim, Rim, Pim, Sim, Dim, Bim, Fim, Him, Jim, Vim or Tim (choose one),

Sorry Peter, I don't think Tim cares what you call him as long as you don't call him late for dinner..........

Seriously Tim, top job on a truly tiny thing. Alongside the Bren, it looks like a midget and then to throw a PaK 36 on it to boot. It's always a wonder how you can work on something so small and make it look so good. I'd love to build something in 1/72, but optivisor lenses don't go that high. I too can't wait to see you do the crew and the base for it!!!

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Afternoon Wim, Rim, Pim, Sim, Dim, Bim, Fim, Him, Jim, Vim or Tim (choose one),

Sorry Peter, I don't think Tim cares what you call him as long as you don't call him late for dinner..........

Seriously Tim, top job on a truly tiny thing. Alongside the Bren, it looks like a midget and then to throw a PaK 36 on it to boot. It's always a wonder how you can work on something so small and make it look so good. I'd love to build something in 1/72, but optivisor lenses don't go that high. I too can't wait to see you do the crew and the base for it!!!

Prost
Allen
Hi Allen
if I had a choice I’d take Vim, ‘cos I’m clean round the bend......but you got the second part right.
it is very small, I’d agree, but it’s still bigger than the 28mm figures I’ve been painting recently. I don’t wear an optivisor very often these days, not since I stopped wearing contact lenses. I’m pretty shortsighted so simply take off my glasses and work really close up. Gives me about a 2.5 magnification. It was something suggested to me by my optician years ago when I asked about magnifying lenses for model work. It must look weird to see though, I hold the object about six inches from my eyes while working :tongue-out3:

D

Deleted member 6559

Tim, I'm like you - very short-sighted and abandon the glasses altogether when painting. My optician was the same when I asked about magnifying lenses, optivisors etc - ''Why not just hold things closer?''

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi all
Quick update on the modified version. All parts held together with blue tac so they stay still for pictures......

6CBB6F14-1596-4FF4-816B-6B8EE4792537.jpeg
F4BCAF73-E865-4A4F-8E0B-5FDCB81BBF36.jpeg
D1FA078F-970A-44A4-A137-DC7053823061.jpeg
I’m happy with the crew. One is Zvezda and one is PSC. The crew bits at the back are looking OK. The ammo can has been cut from the Zvezda base And the MG 36 (I think?) from PSC. What I’m not happy with is the lead foil tarpaulin. It still needs detailing, and is the closest I have to pewter, but it looks a bit heavy and not useful in action. I think it would be removed and folded to the back... It is on the prototype image I’m basing this on, but I may take it back off. I’ll leave it on overnight and see what I think. Apart from that, I think we are ready for primer....though I want to add a few bits of dressing to the stock version to lift it a little....
Hope it suits...
Cheers
Tim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi all
Quick update on the modified version. All parts held together with blue tac so they stay still for pictures......

View attachment 406517
View attachment 406518
View attachment 406519
I’m happy with the crew. One is Zvezda and one is PSC. The crew bits at the back are looking OK. The ammo can has been cut from the Zvezda base And the MG 36 (I think?) from PSC. What I’m not happy with is the lead foil tarpaulin. It still needs detailing, and is the closest I have to pewter, but it looks a bit heavy and not useful in action. I think it would be removed and folded to the back... It is on the prototype image I’m basing this on, but I may take it back off. I’ll leave it on overnight and see what I think. Apart from that, I think we are ready for primer....though I want to add a few bits of dressing to the stock version to lift it a little....
Hope it suits...
Cheers
Tim
Tim, I often use tissue paper for tarp. Doubled over it works ok.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Tim considering the size as Si says I'm not surprised about detailing to the sheet even if it isn't pewter. Maybe remove the lead if it's too think and try some aluminum from a pie dish, or even kitchen foil.

The build itself is the dogs, and so different.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim, I often use tissue paper for tarp. Doubled over it works ok.

Andrew
Hi Andrew. I’ve done that in the past, but had this so I thought I’d try it...I also find the texture on tissue too coarse at this scale. Might try John‘s suggestion, though foil doesn’t hold paint that well, or possibly cartridge paper soaked in dilute PVA.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
It’s an MG 34, by the looks of it.

Nice model, looks very crowded :smiling3:
Yep Jakko, it’s an MG 34...same one they had at the back of a Stuka......I had a brainstorm for a minute...
By the way, it’s not crowded, just really small LOL...I bet it didn’t corner well at speed...

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim considering the size as Si says I'm not surprised about detailing to the sheet even if it isn't pewter. Maybe remove the lead if it's too think and try some aluminum from a pie dish, or even kitchen foil.

The build itself is the dogs, and so different.
Hi John. Not sure aluminium foil will work. It is usually hard to get a good paint bond to it, and this model will be handled....might try it though, or try cartridge paper soaked in dilute PVA. I think it needs something for interest....

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Tim, I think you are on the right track......I have used white wrapping tissue in the past, it is much smoother than facial or T.P. tissue and if you to use diluted white glue with it it will be very smooth when dry. Hope this helps. Rick H.