Scotties Humber Mk1

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie,
More bits there than I got for Xmas.... Just put some filler in those pot holes, I use Mr Surfacer 500 and thin it down with either cellulose or their own thinner - outside helps as it stops you falling of the chair...
Will keep an eye on you.
Mike.
Hi Mike,
There is quite a bit of plastic for such a small vehicle. I normally use squadron green but just found out my tube has dried out so have ordered another one.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not a lot done today but a few details added. I'm not going to go overboard as even with the hatches open you wont see much inside. So just some seat cushions and frame. The mounting bracket for the filter? was also scratched as the kit item was far to thick.

DSCF2117.JPG

Next the radio received a little colour, again not perfect by any means but will hopefully look alright when fitted inside.

DSCF2118.JPG

cheers

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
I'll pull up a chair Paul, looks an interesting build.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Buddy,

Nice choice of a kit. I have wanted this one for a long time, but it was always too expensive in evilbay. I know you will do a super job building it and will you be putting Sean Connery in the TC hatch???

Would have been in sooner, but JR has me tending bar in his build, so time is limited...……...

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Evening Buddy,

Nice choice of a kit. I have wanted this one for a long time, but it was always too expensive in evilbay. I know you will do a super job building it and will you be putting Sean Connery in the TC hatch???

Would have been in sooner, but JR has me tending bar in his build, so time is limited...……...

Prost
Allen
Good to see you mate. Well if your behind the bar mines a pint :tongue-out3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hey Paul,

I guess I had one too many. What I meant was are you going to put Michael Caine in the TC hatch, Not Sean...…...Hic...…..
I'm surprised nobody caught that error……….

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hey Paul,

I guess I had one too many. What I meant was are you going to put Michael Caine in the TC hatch, Not Sean...…...Hic...…..
I'm surprised nobody caught that error……….
No worries mate I missed it myself.

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
It's been a while since I have got to the bench but I have managed to do some work on the interior. I haven't gone over board with the detailing as when all buttoned up not much will be visible but I wanted to leave a few hatches open. The interior is all OOB with the exception of the map pocket on the firewall. Any decent vehicle commander would not allow the vehicle to get in such a state but mine isn't house proud.

DSCF2119.JPG

DSCF2120.JPG

DSCF2121.JPG

DSCF2122.JPG

A little bit more to do including a matt coat.

C&C's as always welcomed
Cheers Scottie

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Wait for me!

Just found this one Paul. A great start to 2020. I will sit quietly and look on in awe. Good luck mate.