Scotties Humber Mk1

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The hull is progressing well. A little filler needed here and there but overall a good fit. The fenders have been added along with their PE brackets. The glacis plate had the moulded nut detail removed and punched ones added. I decided to use the kit engine covers as they looked ok and the PE ones didn't add much apart from a lot of hard work.
DSCF2127.JPG

DSCF2128.JPG

DSCF2129.JPG

cheers
Scottie

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great detail work Scottie.
Looking forward to the progress.
Cheers
Paul

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Paul been talking lots of notes from the back row, love all the extra detail, just one question what thickness pewter are you making your punched nuts from just out of interest.
Any luck with the squadron party .
Pete.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Man Scottie, you're making me look bad. :smiling2: Mine's just OOB and hasn't budged past the interior. Good work on the louvres.

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great detail work Scottie.
Looking forward to the progress.
Cheers
Paul
Paul thanks fella hope to get some more done this week.
Hi Paul been talking lots of notes from the back row, love all the extra detail, just one question what thickness pewter are you making your punched nuts from just out of interest.
Pete.
Hi Pete not sure how thick the pewter is I will have to get back to you on that. Standing the putty up helped a little but it is still no where near as good as it used to be it doesn't seem to set hard.
Man Scottie, you're making me look bad. :smiling2: Mine's just OOB and hasn't budged past the interior. Good work on the louvres.

Cheers,
Richard
I could never make you look bad mate.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Pete.

If Paul is using the standard pewter Peter then its 0.15mm thick

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Pete.
Punched nuts...throw a bag of peanuts into a punch bowl and you'll have a party :tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::smiling6:
...I'll get my coat...

Cheers,
Ruchard

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That is a much more civilised joke than I had expected, given the subject matter :smiling3:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That is a much more civilised joke than I had expected, given the subject matter :smiling3:
I could get raunchier but that would hurt...not nice getting punched in the.... Oh! Dear! I need to get out of town now...

I'll leave the punching of rivets and nuts to the likes of Simon and Paul or even Artyom where super detailing is concerned. Hats off to these guys for raising the bar and going further than most of us dare to. :thumb2: :thumb2::thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Punched nuts...throw a bag of peanuts into a punch bowl and you'll have a party :tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::smiling6:
...I'll get my coat...

Cheers,
Ruchard
I could get raunchier but that would hurt...not nice getting punched in the.... Oh! Dear! I need to get out of town now...

I'll leave the punching of rivets and nuts to the likes of Simon and Paul or even Artyom where super detailing is concerned. Hats off to these guys for raising the bar and going further than most of us dare to. :thumb2: :thumb2::thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

Richard, Some of the bags of mixed nuts I buy I think their already in there. As for Simon, Artyom and others I am far from being in their league.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I spent a little time at the bench but didn't get very far hopefully things will progress a bit better tomorrow.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Only a little bit done today. The hull roof was finished off. Again only a little done just enough to add some interest when looking in the hatches.
DSCF2131.JPG

Also added a tin Hat, a sten gun, a map and magazine to the lower hull. Not sure what will be seen when all buttoned up.

DSCF2132.JPG

I have just noticed I have fitted the two right hand hatches in the upper hull in the wrong way. I will have to try and remove these tomorrow in fact I'm not happy with any of the hatches.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I've just crept in the side door, sorry for missing so much Paul.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
That's a really nice interior. Hope most of it can be seen through the hatches.
Jim

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Scottie,
That looks the dogs doodahs, and if you had not mentioned it I would never have guessed about the hatches.
Mike.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
The interior is very impressive. I hope the changing of the hatches doesn't cause too much disruption. Wonderful work mate.