Scotties L1500 Kfz. 70

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
As always Paul very precise work , that PE support on the steering wheel is a good example of your skill .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Gee whizz Scottie, you've started already and run into the MìniArt twighlight zone. :smiling6:

Apologies for being late, brought my own bean bag. There was one actual displayed at Shizuoka but I paid little attention to it but noticed the funny over hang of the canopy over the two sides of the front cab. I think I may have a group photo with it...let me check.

If you're closing up and not showing the engine, just add a piece of plastic to hold it in place if you can't find the locating plug. We're not going to see it anyway.:smiling3:

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The usual cracking detail work on display. Excellent!
Cheers Tim.
As always Paul very precise work , that PE support on the steering wheel is a good example of your skill .
Thanks John
There he goes again! Another ultra detailed masterpiece!

View attachment 418072
Thanks Jim lol
Gee whizz Scottie, you've started already and run into the MìniArt twighlight zone. :smiling6:

Apologies for being late, brought my own bean bag. There was one actual displayed at Shizuoka but I paid little attention to it but noticed the funny over hang of the canopy over the two sides of the front cab. I think I may have a group photo with it...let me check.

If you're closing up and not showing the engine, just add a piece of plastic to hold it in place if you can't find the locating plug. We're not going to see it anyway.:smiling3:

Cheers,
Richard
No worries mate. I was thinking along the same lines.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Have spent a few hours removing the moulded detail from the car sides and filling with strips of plastic to allow for the etch later.

DSCF2759.JPG

this was fun to do I thought it was a type of bottle jack but it has a side stand jack already. Any ideas?. It was fun to do it has two bits of plastic and 6 etch parts.

DSCF2757.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Scottie, I believe it is a screw jack for raising the vehicle at the axels, I have seen a similar jack in use on the SdKfz. 250.
Rick H.

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John,
Unless the screw jack was for the trailer they are towing in this case a piece of artillery
Good point Paul, strange that the bottle jack is in the cab as well, but suppose that was because no side bins.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I checked all the info I have on this vehicle type and found that it was offered in 2 wheel and 4 wheel drive versions......no info on what jack came with what version. Sorry I can't be of more help. Rick H.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I checked all the info I have on this vehicle type and found that it was offered in 2 wheel and 4 wheel drive versions......no info on what jack came with what version. Sorry I can't be of more help. Rick H.
Rick,
No worries thanks for looking.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn Paul,

Off and running again I see! Looking good so far Buddy. I did a some digging and found this little item from the following reference,

Dienstvorschrift D 665/201a
Lastkraftwagen 1,5 t Mercedes-Benz Typ L 1500 S Typ 1500 A
Sonderausrüstung für Winterbetrieb Ausführung 43
Vom 26.06.1943

2665201_4-1.jpg

The kit part doesn't look exactly like the heating unit above, but the location and mount are the same. I couldn't find any reference to a "bottle jack" anywhere. HTHs my friend............

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That explains a lot......The idea of two jacks for one vehicle wasn't making much sense. Rick H.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Morn Paul,

Off and running again I see! Looking good so far Buddy. I did a some digging and found this little item from the following reference,

Dienstvorschrift D 665/201a
Lastkraftwagen 1,5 t Mercedes-Benz Typ L 1500 S Typ 1500 A
Sonderausrüstung für Winterbetrieb Ausführung 43
Vom 26.06.1943

View attachment 418204

The kit part doesn't look exactly like the heating unit above, but the location and mount are the same. I couldn't find any reference to a "bottle jack" anywhere. HTHs my friend............

Prost
Allen
Allen,
Good to see you mate that makes perfect sense, thanks for digging that out.
And there was me thinking that it might have been the drivers thermos flask!
Now there's a thought.
That explains a lot......The idea of two jacks for one vehicle wasn't making much sense. Rick H.
Allens' information makes sense. It may be that the vehicle used for reference had a jack there in error of the correct item?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The vehicle sides are now added to the floor. Next the hand axe was added. Finally for today one of the upper rifle mounts were added. Each clamp was three parts which were then glued to the back plate and the rod was added from wire. The screws on the outside are 0.5 rivets cut with a scalpel to make the screwdriver slot.

DSCF2760.JPG

DSCF2761.JPG
DSCF2762.JPG

cheers
Scottie