Scotties L1500 Kfz. 70

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
You really are doing a superb job with this. Lovely detail. Looking at Rick's pictures I do think the "hood up" look is the best.
Jim
I was going to use the kit bonnet catches as the etch offerings are flat not round but they pinged off never to be seen again.
Bet they will turn up now you have made replacements :tongue-out3:
Jim

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Amazing detail work. I believe they are anti-ditching as they are also on the early version photo with the light duty tires. German field pieces generally used wicker (looks like) pads for for ammo prep and wooden floats for muddy conditions and this Russian piece would prolly rope them onto the trails if they had them. PaulE

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just had a catch up on this......the work is superb throughout. Very impressed Paul!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That is just beautiful........much vehicle envy, I want one of these. Nice recovery on the Notek stem...that came out the Dog's doo dahs. All good Scottie. :thumb2: Rick H.
Cheers mate, glad you like it.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
You really are doing a superb job with this. Lovely detail. Looking at Rick's pictures I do think the "hood up" look is the best.
Jim

Bet they will turn up now you have made replacements :tongue-out3:
Jim
Jim, I like the hood up as well I was toying with the side windows fitted and the roof down or the roof up and the side windows not fitted. As to the missing bits they are well gone.
Amazing detail work. I believe they are anti-ditching as they are also on the early version photo with the light duty tires. German field pieces generally used wicker (looks like) pads for for ammo prep and wooden floats for muddy conditions and this Russian piece would prolly rope them onto the trails if they had them. PaulE
Thanks Paul you are a font of knowledge.
Just had a catch up on this......the work is superb throughout. Very impressed Paul!
Cheers Tim, very kind of you.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
You could be right about being sand tracks or maybe something for the gun it is towing?
Looking at them, I would guess they are for crossing ditches, with secondary function as sand channels?

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
My eyes aren't up to that! Or my chipolata fingers! Outstanding!

First Name
Andy
I admire your work and patience will the small etch parts, in fact I admire all your work but a bit too fiddly for me I think.

Andy.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking at them, I would guess they are for crossing ditches, with secondary function as sand channels?
Jakko, your probably right about ditch crossing.
My eyes aren't up to that! Or my chipolata fingers! Outstanding!
teve, Cheers fella.
I admire your work and patience will the small etch parts, in fact I admire all your work but a bit too fiddly for me I think.

Andy.
Andy,
Thanks mate I do wonder sometimes why I do it.;)

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Slowly plodding on.

Finished detailing the boot.

DSCF2773.JPG

I decided to add a damaged headlight just for a bit of interest. I will add some broken lens later. I have to redo the notek the stem is to tall and it hasn't sat down properly on the fender.

DSCF2771.JPG

Both headlights were drilled and had some copper wire added for strength as the glue points are very small. The pick was also added.

DSCF2772.JPG

Next the width indicators were added from wire and the mounting points scratched from thin sheet and a couple of punched rivets. I have noticed in the picture I have left some scratches that will need to be addressed.

DSCF2774.JPG

cheers
Scottie

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Scottie!!
Awesome build mate.... i`m just LOVIN` that Grille and Merc Badge:cool:,
Obviously all the etch "Nic Nacs" are superb too.....
.......You`re entering a new stratosphere modelling wise Buddy,and it`s excellent to see over the years:thumb2:,
TOP STUFF!!

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie!!
Awesome build mate.... i`m just LOVIN` that Grille and Merc Badge:cool:,
Obviously all the etch "Nic Nacs" are superb too.....
.......You`re entering a new stratosphere modelling wise Buddy,and it`s excellent to see over the years:thumb2:,
TOP STUFF!!
Andy,
Thank you mate you really are to kind thank you.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Absolutely incredible work - do you use a microscope? :surprised::surprised:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Top job there - going the extra mile.
Jim

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
The extra detail is awesome Paul, the ramps do look like some kind of sand channel/bridging ladder. The 'jack' in the cab could be for wheel changing as the side jack would have to raise the vehicle a lot to get a wheel off the ground & they aren't too stable, a bottle jack under the axle works better. I do a bit of off road driving & I've used a hi-lift jack to get a Land Rover out of ruts.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Top job there - going the extra mile.
Jim
Jim, Thanks mate hope it will be worth it.
The extra detail is awesome Paul, the ramps do look like some kind of sand channel/bridging ladder. The 'jack' in the cab could be for wheel changing as the side jack would have to raise the vehicle a lot to get a wheel off the ground & they aren't too stable, a bottle jack under the axle works better. I do a bit of off road driving & I've used a hi-lift jack to get a Land Rover out of ruts.
Graeme,
Thank you mate, think your right on all counts. I don't recal seeing the "sand channels" on other German equipment.

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Paul, it looks amazing.
I'd already told myself that I would try harder with the PE on my next kit but seeing what you achieve with patience and skill has really made me want to push on.

Truly inspiring.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I had to make those "Rampy" looking things when I did my Mercedes LG 3000 (Kfz. 384) fuel truck. I had no idea what they were but just knew someone would point out the lack of them if they weren't there. Rick H.