Scotties Miniart US Bulldozer

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
I'll follow along Paul, a bulldozer is rather different to the usual things I do.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Scottie......I'll cozy up next to Misters Eberle and Dewire and take my chances with Matron in case she shows up to calm these two down! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out::smiling5:;)
I don't know about Matron, I think your taking your chances with those two.
It is, the only tractors/bulldozers of this kind you can get in 1:35 are Caterpillar D7s, from a couple of different makes. Why they all picked the same one, I have no idea, but a D6 or D8 would be welcome :smiling3:
Very true their are many other types.
Even a D4 as I've seen pics of them at work removing rubble & being transported in the bed of an engineering Corbit.
Paul, That would be an interesting build.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Work continues on the engine the injector block has been added , along with some injector pipes from copper wire and a securing plate from pewter with a couple of punched bolt heads.

DSCF3422.JPG

DSCF3423.JPG

For anybody who might build one of these in the future there are three levers that fit on the side of the block where you can see the white dot. Leave them off until the engine is built or installed in the chassis as I have broken them off twice now and they are lost. So I will replace them with copper replacements later.

All though not needed yet I was looking at the radiator cover and decided I didn't like the solid look, so I started removing the "mesh"

DSCF3420.JPG

When they had all been removed the gaps were tided up and some plastic Mesh was added to the back. It doesn't have to be to neat as you will not be able to see the back of it when assembled.

DSCF3421.JPG

work is slow as every part needs to be cleaned up carefully with out snapping some of the very small parts.

cheers
Scottie

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hey Bro, Just knew you couldn't leave the sausage fingers away from the scratchy stuff. Motor looking real good Paul and I know the lost parts are no biggie for you either. Spent all afternoon punching out over 100 0.05mm rivets from 0,01mm plastic sheet. I feel your pain as It's a real beatch to try to glue them in place with my sausage fingers too. Looking good!!!.....

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Lovely stuff so far Scottie. Nice additions.
Cheers Tim.
Hey Bro, Just knew you couldn't leave the sausage fingers away from the scratchy stuff. Motor looking real good Paul and I know the lost parts are no biggie for you either. Spent all afternoon punching out over 100 0.05mm rivets from 0,01mm plastic sheet. I feel your pain as It's a real beatch to try to glue them in place with my sausage fingers too. Looking good!!!.....

Prost
Allen
Allen, cheers fella I must have missed it else where but what are all the rivets for?
Loving the detail on da motor Scottie! gotta blag the mesh for the grill idea if that's ok, very cool
Cheers Rob
Rob, cheers mate feel free mate, although I may order some finer PE mesh but I think it looks ok as is.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'll try & find the pic. It's an engineering Corbit making a turn in a WWII town towing a 20 ton trailer w/D7 on board & a D4 in the bed.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Great work. Very neat scratch work. I do wonder why, on a recent quite expensive kit, MiniArt don't provide an open grill and some metal mesh. Your alteration shows how it is improved.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Great work. Very neat scratch work. I do wonder why, on a recent quite expensive kit, MiniArt don't provide an open grill and some metal mesh. Your alteration shows how it is improved.
Jim
Jim, I agree completely. Miniart try to make things very detailed with lots of tiny parts and they already include a small etch fret so you would think an open radiator grill with some PE would be the way forward. Luckily it was an easy fix.

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
Scottie when I built my dozer I had the same problem breaking the fine little levers, but wait until you get to the hydraulic pipes as they were even worse, on a good note when I broke mine trying to clean them up I contacted Miniart and they sent some replacements ones I do have some spare if you need them mate when the time comes.

The engine block looks amazing as does the front grill.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks Scottie......I'll cozy up next to Misters Eberle and Dewire and take my chances with Matron in case she shows up to calm these two down! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out::smiling5:;)
You can take your coat off it’s almost summer wait a minute your coat has buckets in the back Rick.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Scottie I’m liking the pumping and the screen looks good also. Your builds are always interesting.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Room for one more Paul .
Love these, built the Russian copy by Border, I remember having some fun with the tracks as usual :smiling3: The open engine just asks for detailing , you'll make a great job of it with some bling I'm sure .

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve

Prost
Allen
Do you not use the tip of a blade to pick them up and place them mate? Works for me and I don't have to use my Wall's extra thicks!
Steve

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie when I built my dozer I had the same problem breaking the fine little levers, but wait until you get to the hydraulic pipes as they were even worse, on a good note when I broke mine trying to clean them up I contacted Miniart and they sent some replacements ones I do have some spare if you need them mate when the time comes.

The engine block looks amazing as does the front grill.
Martyn, I will probably ignore the kit pipes and make them from copper were possible. Its good to know Miniart replaced the broken items ,what was the lead time?

That would be nice to see Paul.
I will have to see what it involves.

Room for one more Paul .
Love these, built the Russian copy by Border, I remember having some fun with the tracks as usual :smiling3: The open engine just asks for detailing , you'll make a great job of it with some bling I'm sure .
John, your always welcome mate, I remember your cat build it turned out very nicely.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Do you not use the tip of a blade to pick them up and place them mate? Works for me and I don't have to use my Wall's extra thicks!

No Steve, I have a very pointed tiny awl that I use. I tried the blade way, but most of the time, it cut the tiny thangs in half trying to pick them up to place them..........

Prost
Allen