scotties pioneer.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Progress is slow at the moment, but still enjoying it. The cab has had been mounted on the chassis and the roof added. Next the canvas door covers were added and the decals. The fuel tank was also added as well as the bonnet.

DSCF2432.JPG

DSCF2434.JPG

The storage bin had some equipment added as it was easier to add the stuff prior to fitting. The snatch blocks and recovery equipment are from accurate armour. There is also chains, a tarpaulin and some fuel cans and at the back some wooden skidding. The red is not so pronounced in real life.

DSCF2435.JPG

Finally I have made a start on the scotches.

DSCF2436.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Coming along very well Scottie, I expect this will be another "Show Stopper"......keep it up Pard she's looking good!:thumb2: Rick H.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
This is turning out to be a 5star, super-duper build with spades of wow factor. The stuff in the stowage bin says it all - brilliant attention to detail.
I think you're so right about weathering toning down. When layering/building up effects the early work invariably gets muted by later work. I find that very noticeable with chipping work. If done early on it has to be rather stark as otherwise it all but disappears.
Anyway I'm rambling. This is a winner :thumb2:
Moggle on Sir
Jim

Last edited:
Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Jim,
really glad your liking it and your right about the weathering muting and toning down the earlier work. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Stowage bin fitted underneath the cab. Made a support bar from copper wire and punched rivets as again this was not included in the kit.
DSCF2441.JPG

The jib and winch have been fitted

DSCF2442.JPG

and some more pin washes

DSCF2444.JPG

DSCF2445.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Outstanding Paul. Luv all the details and tools. Up thee with you best work ever. Keep it comin mate

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Just caught up Paul, stunning interior and woodwork.

Love the attention to details like the pins and the tools with stowage :thumb2: :thumb2:

First Name
Wouter
better slow progress than no progress. I like what I'm seeing here Paul, great attention to detail indeed!