scotties pioneer.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HOPE there's a space for me Scottie an I was lookin in the cab of one of these about a yr or so ago as ive always liked these scammells in a musemum nr Sheringham
chris

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
HOPE there's a space for me Scottie an I was lookin in the cab of one of these about a yr or so ago as ive always liked these scammells in a musemum nr Sheringham
chris
Hi Chris always make room for you mate. Welcome aboard There was one at Bordon in the REME Museum as was.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A bit more work on the engine including the water pump and some drain valves and a bracket for the starter motor. Fuel injector pipes, the oil filler and a start on the air compressor system. Still to add some work to the compressor and lots of linkages or as many as my skills will allow.

DSCF2366.JPG

DSCF2367.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Paul what kinda of engine is it resembles a 195 Cummins from here but I don’t think it is lol

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Very neat work with the "extras". Really like what you're doing with the engine. Having said that I wouldn't know a spark plug from an oil filter :rolling:
Jim

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thought it strange, a Cummins engine in a UK vehicle before the days of worldwide supply chains. PaulE

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Very neat work with the "extras". Really like what you're doing with the engine. Having said that I wouldn't know a spark plug from an oil filter :rolling:
Jim
Thanks Jim, I used to be ok on engines in the days of plugs and points.
Showing my excellent skill of engine recognition I can categorically state that it is a 6-cylinder Gardner, type 6LW, 8 369cm3 (510in3) diesel...
Mind you that's what it says in the book.
Mike, Yeah thats what I thought to :tongue-out3:
Thought it strange, a Cummins engine in a UK vehicle before the days of worldwide supply chains. PaulE
Paul, It is also strange that it was a diesel as most vehicles to my knowledge were petrol at that time

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Excellent work on the engine. Look forward to seeing the makers stamp on the oil filter when you paint it up.;)

First Name
Andy
Looking good Paul, funnily enough I was researching this very model at the weekend, well, it was actually the transporter version so I will pull up a a seat and watch if you don't mind.

Andy.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul
Great detailing on the engine. I have the Thunder Models Scammell in the stash (Pioneer, Artillery tractor and Tank transporter) so this build is of real interest.
Love the detailing on the engine.
Good stuff
Cheers
Paul

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
LATE but i'm here second row Pizza and Beer... :smiling:
Welcome aboard mate
''Mum, he's at it again!'' Stop this excellence Scottie, it's too much.
Thanks Peter, Appreciate it.
Very nice looking engine Paul, will follow along.
Graeme, Thanks mate good to see you.
Looking good Paul, funnily enough I was researching this very model at the weekend, well, it was actually the transporter version so I will pull up a a seat and watch if you don't mind.

Andy.
Hi Andy, I would love the transporter but don't have room for it, but might have a look at the gun limber if I don't cock this one up.
Hi Paul
Great detailing on the engine. I have the Thunder Models Scammell in the stash (Pioneer, Artillery tractor and Tank transporter) so this build is of real interest.
Love the detailing on the engine.
Good stuff
Cheers
Paul
Hi Paul, good to see you it will be interesting to see how they compare.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Scottie

I gather the GPA sank without a trace - it looked ok to me but what do I know :sad-face:

Off again anyway - I had my finger hovering over the buy button on one of these a couple of months ago but decided on the IBG Otter instead

These were always a favourite conversion in 1/76 from the Airfix tank transporter in days gone by

I have a few photos, including inside the cab, that I took at Beverley Museum of Transport many years ago if you need any

Cracking work so far on that engine