scotties pioneer.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Paul

Yet again another great start!

ATB

Andrew

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie

I gather the GPA sank without a trace - it looked ok to me but what do I know :sad-face:

Off again anyway - I had my finger hovering over the buy button on one of these a couple of months ago but decided on the IBG Otter instead

These were always a favourite conversion in 1/76 from the Airfix tank transporter in days gone by

I have a few photos, including inside the cab, that I took at Beverley Museum of Transport many years ago if you need any

Cracking work so far on that engine
Hi Simon, No the GPA is alive and well just put to one side until I decide what to do with it. I have always wanted to build one of these. I understand that it has a few floors dimensionally but you know that has never bothered me to much. Thanks for the offer, if I need anything I will give you a shout.
Glad you like it so far.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The engine has had a bit more work done. Not totally correct but It adds a bit of interest. There is still more to add but it will have to wait until the engine is fitted along with the cab so I can join it all up.
DSCF2368.JPG

One thing that surprised me is the steering isn't moveable so I decided to try and make it moveable so the steering arms were carefully removed. Before that I drilled all the way through so I can pin them back together to give me a moveable link.

DSCF2370.JPG

Cheers
Scottie

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
The engine has had a bit more work done. Not totally correct but It adds a bit of interest. There is still more to add but it will have to wait until the engine is fitted along with the cab so I can join it all up.
View attachment 384586

One thing that surprised me is the steering isn't moveable so I decided to try and make it moveable so the steering arms were carefully removed. Before that I drilled all the way through so I can pin them back together to give me a moveable link.

View attachment 384588

Cheers
Scottie
I am not worthy!! :crying:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
OK, I get it now.....you have a tiny crew of workman that you selfishly keep to yourself,
otherwise how do giant human fingers and mere human eyesight achieve such results!?

An investigation should proceed forthwith.......it's just not fair to us other poor slobs!!

Image result for theincredable shrinking man

Awesome as usual,

Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I am not worthy!! :crying:
Andrew, Thanks mate.
OK, I get it now.....you have a tiny crew of workman that you selfishly keep to yourself,
otherwise how do giant human fingers and mere human eyesight achieve such results!?

An investigation should proceed forthwith.......it's just not fair to us other poor slobs!!

Image result for theincredable shrinking man

Awesome as usual,

Jim
Thanks Jim, That made me smile. I wonder myself I have fingers like sausages lol.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Paul. Outstanding love to watch this kinda work

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is going to be a slow build but the good thing about that is I will save money on buying another kit for a while. The kit is nicely moulded but is very simplified.
I wanted to show the front wheels at an angle and also show the range of movement on the front end, but everything is set straight ahead. So as per a previous post I cut out the hubs. These needed to be changed so I scratched some new ones. These were drilled to allow them to pivot. The pivot pin was left extended at the top to allow the fitting of the mud guards later on in the build. I have some some evergreen on order when it arrives I will fashion a new spring and finish off.

DSCF2374.JPG

The rear axles suffer from the same there is no articulation, so I set about seeing what I could do. The axle was shortened and replaced with ally tube.
The wheel stations were then drilled and the support fashioned from evergreen when they are married up a strap will connect the parts. The wheel hubs were also modified to make it easier to add the brake details and also allow the wheels to turn. Still lots to do on the axles but I am having fun.

DSCF2371.JPG

DSCF2373.JPG

cheers
Scottie