Scotties Puma AAGB

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Cracking work Paul, the engine deck looks very good indeed.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
The back end certainly is the DBs. Have you left the box open to see inside the engine or are you planning to put something in there??

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Seem to have missed quite a bit. Those replacement grills (gorillas :smiling:) looks excellent - very neat and the edging ties it together nicely. Hinges are exceptionally well done - you're a very clever boy!!
Another top build from the Scottie bench.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
More fine work.
Thanks Peter.
The back end certainly is the DBs. Have you left the box open to see inside the engine or are you planning to put something in there??
Steve, thanks mate there wont be any engine The storage locker will just be open. As this will be all buttoned up I haven't even put any internal detail in.
Hi Scottie
Seem to have missed quite a bit. Those replacement grills (gorillas :smiling:) looks excellent - very neat and the edging ties it together nicely. Hinges are exceptionally well done - you're a very clever boy!!
Another top build from the Scottie bench.
Jim
Jim, You are to kind mate. I just got lucky with the hinges.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
My apologies for the crap pictures. I have added to the locks and padlocks to the lockers. Each locker has 4 separate PE items and they are some of the smallest I have ever used. The last one I left the padlock off and dangles the chain.

DSCF2032.JPG

DSCF2033.JPG
Looking at the etch hinges I will remove them and work on them as they are too flat. They were surprisingly not included in the PE set but come from my PE stash.

Thanks for looking
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
I do hope you're going to scratch some keys for the padlocks :tongue-out3:
Jim

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Niiiiice... it will be a moving Puma... or getting ready to move and re-arming?

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
That doesnt look like PE chain?? Is it home made? If its AM I would luv to know where you got it from mate

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That doesnt look like PE chain?? Is it home made? If its AM I would luv to know where you got it from mate
Steve, It is the PE chain that came with the set. However I do normally make my own fine chain. It is easy to do, take two strands of very fine wire twist them together until you get a link size you are happy with. Then gentle squeeze the twist flat using smooth jaw pliers. I will try and post some pictures tomorrow if you like.

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
I make my own in the same way. It just looked like the links on your chain were at alternate angles. That's what threw me.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I make my own in the same way. It just looked like the links on your chain were at alternate angles. That's what threw me.
Steve, The chain is quite well done and does have a bit of relief as opposed to the normal 2 dimensional chain.
That is looking excellent Paul, top PE work as always. :smiling3:
Bob, thanks mate appreciate the comment.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Paul, it beggars belief how you handle p.e. and then make up such intricate pieces of individual artwork. For that is surely just what they are.

Ron