Scotties Rolls Royce

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Jim,
I'm not sure why it is missing it may not need to be there its hard to see from my references in some I think it is there. Anyway you know me when did I ever build anything that was accurate lol.
Indeed, no picture I've got shows that part in enough detail to see if the rivets exist or not - and yet they added the tivets under the front of the turret which are equally hidden - hmm, they're not on the Roden model either

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Incredible work - did you make the hinges yourself?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Keep it coming Scottie.....Mr. Jones must be beside himself with all the "rivetry" going on here. ;) Rick H.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Scottie,
Very impressive, looking forward to more.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ooh, ooh - just watched David Fletcher's Tank Museum video, which has a shot of their RR with the turret off
And our survey says yes
Cheers Chris, I will go with the yes;)
Very nice updates Paul.
Thanks Lee
Some nice upgrades there Paul, the open pistol port is a nice touch.
Thanks given there is no interior I thought it would be a good way of opening it up without being able to see inside.
Incredible work - did you make the hinges yourself?
Hi Gerry, the hinge parts come as etch but the pin has to be added as do the rivets they are a little big but they are the smallest my punch set does.
Keep it coming Scottie.....Mr. Jones must be beside himself with all the "rivetry" going on here. ;) Rick H.
Rick, I have to do something to keep up with him.
Fantastic work again Scottie.

Andy.
Andy.
To kind
You OWN this etch.
Thanks Paul.
Scottie,
Very impressive, looking forward to more.
Mike, just trying to keep up with you mate.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Only a little more to show. the can was scratched as the kit one was very vague. The chest is part of the wood set in the etch set.

DSCF2915.JPG

DSCF2916.JPG

side lights were added plus cables as were the head lamps. I had to adjust the radiator doors as I had opened them up to much and they fowled on the head lamps.

DSCF2917.JPG

DSCF2918.JPG

I have noticed some seam lines on various parts and a nasty glue mark they will be addressed .

cheers
Scottie

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Paul,

That is coming on very nicely indeed and as the others have said, some great scratch work on show.

ATB.

Andrew

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very inspirational Paul, detaiing is amazing. For the tiny stuff, rivets, bolt heads on the steering nuckles, is that pewter sheet ? And do you use CA glue or ?
I've used tiny drops of gloss clear as adhesive with success...

Last edited:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Bl**dy Nora Paul, that's some scratchery.
Still it's what we've come to expect from you, and you don't disappoint.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Thank you John, still along way behind some on here.
Hi Scottie
Superb scratching. As John says we expect no less from you.
Jim
Cheers Jim, appreciate it.
Paul,

That is coming on very nicely indeed and as the others have said, some great scratch work on show.

ATB.

Andrew
Hi Andrew thanks fella.
Very inspirational Paul, detaiing is amazing. For the tiny stuff, rivets, bolt heads on the steering nuckles, is that pewter sheet ? And do you use CA glue or ?
I've used tiny drops of gloss clear as adhesive with success...
Hi Ron yes it is pewter sheet and yes I use CA i have used gloss clear as well in the past it does work well.
Stunning work every time Paul
Thank you Bob.

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
while having a tidy up at the school today I came upon these, and thought to my self they could make good cactus or if placed together even the trunks of palms. So next I will give them a soak in glycerene, and have a play.

DSCF2919.JPG

Not alot done to the wagon but I have made a start on the rear storage area.

DSCF2920.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
while having a tidy up at the school today I came upon these, and thought to my self they could make good cactus or if placed together even the trunks of palms. So next I will give them a soak in glycerene, and have a play.

View attachment 427824

Not alot done to the wagon but I have made a start on the rear storage area.

View attachment 427825

cheers
Scottie
No, they have got to be whats left of your loofah's..... Wonderfull work on the RR.
Mike

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
No, they have got to be whats left of your loofah's..... Wonderfull work on the RR.
Mike
Mike I'm no gardener and I don't know what they are but they are about 4-5cm long so they could be ok for some desert scenes. Glad you like the RR.