Scotties Rolls Royce

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Mike I'm no gardener and I don't know what they are but they are about 4-5cm long so they could be ok for some desert scenes. Glad you like the RR.
They look like those stumpy cactus you get, or the start of a palm tree - well spotted.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Um, not wishing to worry anyone, but those plant things look a little too much like something out of Quatermass...
Don't worry I'm keepin an eye on them.
Great work so far, looking very nice.
Ian cheers mate.
They look like those stumpy cactus you get, or the start of a palm tree - well spotted.
That's what I was thinking.
Luvin your style Scottie. Great work on the detailing and good luck on your new business venture - Mini Cacti 'R' Us :smiling5: :cool: :thumb2:
cheers Steve, I will have a play and if they are any good I will let people have some if they want them.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Beautiful work Bro!!! And you thought I wasn't keeping an eye out...Your work just gets better and better with each project you do!!! I almost bought this kit 5 times now, but the rubber tires put me off. It's still such a cool looking armored car though!!!....

I hope Graeme isn't right in his thinking. We got enough horror going around right now. A good old film from long ago just the same..............

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
My goodness....you are old Graeme if you remember "The Day of the Triffids"!! Had to be what,.....1962?
Rick H.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
My goodness....you are old Graeme if you remember "The Day of the Triffids"!! Had to be what,.....1962?
Rick H.
Oi, on behalf of Graeme, less of the old, young whippersnapper! And Quatermass is even older...
Oh, no, wait. I guess we are old. I mean, who of ver kidz these days even know what a plastic model kit is?

BTW Paul, did you say this kit doesn't have an interior at all? The Roden job has a full engine and, admittedly spartan, fighting compartment so all hatches can be opened - maybe time to pass on my half-built job
Or finish it, hehe

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I was thinking those stems may turn out to be triffids........:anguished:
Funny you should say that they walked to the other side of the desk last night :smiling:
Beautiful work Bro!!! And you thought I wasn't keeping an eye out...Your work just gets better and better with each project you do!!! I almost bought this kit 5 times now, but the rubber tires put me off. It's still such a cool looking armored car though!!!....

I hope Graeme isn't right in his thinking. We got enough horror going around right now. A good old film from long ago just the same..............

Prost
Allen
Allen good to see you mate, glad you approve. Touch wood I have been lucky with rubber tyres todate. It was a good film still enjoy watching it when its repeated.
Rick H.
Still a good film but an excellent year.
Oi, on behalf of Graeme, less of the old, young whippersnapper! And Quatermass is even older...
Oh, no, wait. I guess we are old. I mean, who of ver kidz these days even know what a plastic model kit is?

BTW Paul, did you say this kit doesn't have an interior at all? The Roden job has a full engine and, admittedly spartan, fighting compartment so all hatches can be opened - maybe time to pass on my half-built job
Or finish it, hehe
We must be old but you cant beat a good old British horror. I didn't get the Roden as had heard some bad reviews if you dont feel like finishing it give me a shout;)

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Paul, my Roden job has the engine mostly complete and painted, and I started work on the front suspension - it stalled because I wanted to do a Fordson in Iraq, but of course I'd got the 1920 version. Because it was cheap. And that needed a LOT of work
Now I'm almost entirely over to 28mm, I've got three different Rollers - only one complete
If'n you're interested in my part built beast we can work summat out

All that woodwork is VERY snazzy. Is that part of the kit or your excellent additions?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul, my Roden job has the engine mostly complete and painted, and I started work on the front suspension - it stalled because I wanted to do a Fordson in Iraq, but of course I'd got the 1920 version. Because it was cheap. And that needed a LOT of work
Now I'm almost entirely over to 28mm, I've got three different Rollers - only one complete
If'n you're interested in my part built beast we can work summat out

All that woodwork is VERY snazzy. Is that part of the kit or your excellent additions?
Steve,
I would like to see you finish it off some day. The woodwork is nice and comes with the etch set al I had to do was add the rivet detail.

First Name
Andy
Fantastic detail work, I thought I was a patient man but you must be the proverbial Saint.

Andy.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Lovely work Scottie/Paul, I have the same kit but I won't be able to be as riveting as you with my build. ;) For starters you had the good sense to skip detailing the undercarriage as it can't be seen not like the past builds. Then you etched everything down to wood texture...goodness me good stuff. Cables, wiring and cut out ports and finally kudos on eyeing the plant that can pass off as a cacti or palm end. :thumb2:

If you're doing the Boys gun, I remember a friend replacing the gun barrel with a thin metal tube. How he managed to taper it I don't know.

Looking forward to more after I rest my eyes...overdose of flashy blinkin' stuff. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Fantastic detail work, I thought I was a patient man but you must be the proverbial Saint.

Andy.
Far from it mate like track links I just do a few at a time.
OMG how could I miss this...sorry ... what a beauty....
Hi Greg, No worries mate your here now.
Splendid work Scottie, looking very tidy :thumb2:
Many thanks Si.
Lovely work Scottie/Paul, I have the same kit but I won't be able to be as riveting as you with my build. ;) For starters you had the good sense to skip detailing the undercarriage as it can't be seen not like the past builds. Then you etched everything down to wood texture...goodness me good stuff. Cables, wiring and cut out ports and finally kudos on eyeing the plant that can pass off as a cacti or palm end. :thumb2:

If you're doing the Boys gun, I remember a friend replacing the gun barrel with a thin metal tube. How he managed to taper it I don't know.

Looking forward to more after I rest my eyes...overdose of flashy blinkin' stuff. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard
Hi Richard, many thanks for the kind words. The wood textured parts come with the etch set and do look nice. Glad your liking it so far.
Some great work going on here.
Many thanks Ian.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul thought you'd done the wood work as well, wouldn't put it past you to do it.

That plant looks like some sort of Crassula , but there are so many to go through I could be wrong.

Last edited: