Scotties Steyr RSO

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Always liked these odd looking truck/tractor/crawler hybrid, the Germans called them Austria's revenge! Will follow along Paul.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'm with Paul E on this Scotty.......I really like these tractors. I will pull up a chair and keep a lookout for the rest of the rabble. ;) Rick H.
Rick, welcome aboard mate you will have your hands full keeping an eye on the rabble.
Those figures … Going by the box art, they look rather a lot like the old Esci German Camp Rest Area set:

View attachment 413461

If so, I can’t quite believe Italeri put figures that date from 1976 in a modern box … Even if their RSO isn’t all that much newer, those figures will have aged a lot less gracefully than the vehicle.

Jakko, They are certainly the figures but in fairness they don't look to bad at first glance. But what they are like when assembled and painted remains to be seen.
Oooh intervesting, very intervesting........

Have one of these in 1/72. Not tried it yet but have plans for it...

Will try and keep up with this from the back of the room!

ATB.

Andrew
Andrew, yes it is something different you can help Rick keep an eye on the rabble.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Is that a second choice of interior? PaulE

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Started work on the hull. The exhaust pipes were very simplified so some major surgery was on the cards. The sides were cut out and replacements were made from sheet styrene. Holes were drilled for the engine cooling holes and new exhausts were made from ally tube. Removing the sides destroyed the towing hooks so these were also scratched and replaced with some added nuts detail.

DSCF2691.JPG

This shows the part that was removed from the part above.

DSCF2692.JPG

cheers
Scottie

The blocks on the sides have been filled as well

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
They are certainly the figures but in fairness they don't look to bad at first glance. But what they are like when assembled and painted remains to be seen.
I have at least part of that set, acquired second-hand something like 25+ years ago, and found them to be pretty good at the time — a bit on the big side, perhaps, but detail seemed good for the day anyway. I never did actually use them for anything, though, and I’m not sure they really stand up to modern scrutiny, though.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks like two interiors provided. One on the left sprue second pic & one on the left sprue third pic, all on first page. Also looks like Pak40 trails included? PaulE

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice work on the detailing all ready Paul. Great work my friend

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul Just arrived, love this type of tractor . Late as been making some doughnuts, or for our friends in the colonies " donuts."

2020_3.jpg

This should keep the Rabble happy till lunch time

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Going the extra mile as always. The exhausts are very nicely done.
Jim
Those doughnuts of Mr Race look good - wonder how many are left :rolling:

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Grabbing a chair closer to John Race so that I can sneak one of those donuts

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks like two interiors provided. One on the left sprue second pic & one on the left sprue third pic, all on first page. Also looks like Pak40 trails included? PaulE
Paul,
I never even noticed mate until you pointed it out I will have to go back and see what differences there are. No gun is included but there are elements of it on the sprues.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Going the extra mile as always. The exhausts are very nicely done.
Jim
Those doughnuts of Mr Race look good - wonder how many are left :rolling:
Cheers mate, they were surprising easy to make once the old ones had been removed.