Scotties Steyr RSO

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Joe,
Good idea mate they won't last long.
Sorry all gone , had to make another batch, and there's only 3 of those left. ! That's the trouble when there moreish Paul.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
More work on the hull. Bump guards were added out of etch to the front.
DSCF2693.JPG

next bump guards and hydraulic lines were added to the rear.

DSCF2694.JPG

the exhaust did not match very well when the halves were joined. so the detail was removed and replaced with pewter strip. Clamps were also fashioned from pewter. And the end was drilled out.

DSCF2695.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Keep at it Scottie.........your attention to detail is mesmerizing Sir. :thumb2: Rick H.

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I have Allied/Axis photo journal #20 what are you looking for......I might be able to help out. Rick H.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have Allied/Axis photo journal #20 what are you looking for......I might be able to help out. Rick H.
Rick,
Thanks mate. Nothing in particular just in general I like to check as I go along what I can improve on or what might be missing.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is going to be nice, might even get me back to tracks. ;)

Andy.
Andy, I must admit I got fed up with tracked vehicles and have only done wheels recently, but I like this kit and there aren't to many wheels or links :smiling3:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I never even noticed mate until you pointed it out I will have to go back and see what differences there are.
Looking at the photos, one is angular and the other rounded. My guess is the angular one is for the late-style simplified wooden cab that Italeri also released.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sharp eye Jakko. Likely the case. PaulE

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Seriously slow work nothing fits or lines up properly, but that is the fun of modelling. That said sprockets are done why there are sprockets at both ends I'm not sure as only the rear ones are driven, probably just to keep the tracks on given the single road wheels.

some nice tech detail with the "Steyr" logo on the hub. I also drilled out the mud scraper arm

DSCF2697.JPG

The moulded hatch detail was removed and the etch offering added.

DSCF2698.JPG

The cab interior requires major surgery. As mentioned earlier in the blog the kit included two interiors one is for the prefabricated square cab.

I have removed the moulded in seats and the blocks they sit on. This entails making a complete new cab floor and patching the engine cowl. You can see from the picture how much needs to be removed. If I don't screw it up there will be some pics to follow

DSCF2696.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Seriously slow work nothing fits or lines up properly, but that is the fun of modelling.
Quality work like this takes time, a lot of time, and if you're having fun - that's what it's all about.
Carry on Sir :thumb2:
Jim

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Looking good!
Isn't there one of these at Cosford?
Pete