Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
A wee update before bed...

9B19AFA0-2409-40DF-ACD5-4E06826BF0D7.jpeg

E810AD3D-DD1A-482A-931C-F75CED0AB249.jpeg
Hi
Still in a few sub assemblies so had to balance it together for a dry fit. These engine and transmission will marry together in the last few steps....nearly there now.
Thanks for looking in :thumb2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morning Mr. Benson,

I have to say you are moving along at quite a pace building the engine. Nice work on the wiring and little tidbits.

The snow blower unit in the last pics is fantastic as winter is coming!!! Drive on Sir.............

Prost
Allen

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Mr. Benson,

I have to say you are moving along at quite a pace building the engine. Nice work on the wiring and little tidbits.

The snow blower unit in the last pics is fantastic as winter is coming!!! Drive on Sir.............

Prost
Allen
Well that’s pretty much finished now Allen. A real gem to put together

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Pretty nice engine detail from MiniArt...I mean you put it together pretty well too, Si. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

First Name
Michael
Hi Michael,
I was surprised to see the wire to be honest. I suppose you could model it as just the engine/transmission if you wanted to.
There is a picture of the box at the top of this page.
There are a number of builds of the various Mniart interior kits featuring this engine on the Armourama site, some with very highly detailed engine work.

Reactions: JR

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That is looking rather special Si. Very well done indeed.

ATB

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Si
That engine is looking rather special. Looks to have gone together with no problems. I do like the box art on the Miniart box - quite an acceptable reference for painting.
Jim

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Si
That engine is looking rather special. Looks to have gone together with no problems. I do like the box art on the Miniart box - quite an acceptable reference for painting.
Jim
Morning Jim,
Yes I thought that was a clever point from Miniart. They do have a gallery on there website with completed models on that help with colour choices :thumb2:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Si

Rye field are releasing a Pz 111 with full interior, very interested in that. Hopefully a StuG will follow!!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Si , truly a stunning build
Please don't excite Bob, you know what he's like.
Mind there's plenty of Tiger engines around at least a StuG would sell well .Bob would probably buy them all !

Last edited:
First Name
Michael
I remember building this engine and thinking 'that must be one helluva starter motor on top of the flywheel to turn over that beast'.