Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
IMPORTANT!!!! PLEASE READ!

Due to the fact that this is a Memorial GB for Simon T, I have decided, (with a little shove from Lee) that the finished builds for THIS GB be kept together in one place. Most likely a subsection to this GB. Just need to figure out the best place and way.

bilbo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dom
I'd like to join in with this if I may? I might miss the deadline completely, Simon would approve, as I have to have my thesis in by January 11th, but I haveI have a couple of ideas:

1) Like others a nod to Simons Mech build - I have the Knight Preceptor
1602521632561.png
2) I could attempt to do a scratch build, Simon's builds always inspired me to try this, as he always made it look so easy, I would attempt to scratch build this vehicle, no idea how to do it but I have plasticard, and copper foil and a box full of sharp cutty things.
1602521863936.png

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thank you all for the great support for this GB.
You may join in at any time.
Your Model can be any Scale and any Subject. Plastic, Resin, Wood and Alloy is welcome.
The kit (by special agreement by the moderators) can be started but not over 50% done . It can be Half scratch Half kit or all Scratch or all Kit.
The main thing is to have FUN and build what YOU want to build for Simon’s Memory.
You can make your build thread already now so you are ready for the start, the 1st of November but remember no building until the start date.

List of persons wanting to take part;

Lee
PaulE
BobtheStug
JimR
prichrd1
scottie3158
Allen Dewire
SWR
Paintguy
rtfoe
adt70hk
Jack L
David Lowell
Spanner570
John Race
Pete Low
Richard48
Gern
Rick H
Road of Bones
Strenko J
Si Benson
papa 695
colin m
wotan
Neil Merryweather
stillp
SteveH
Mike Mortimore
Tim Marlow
Peter Day
Monica
Mr Bowcat
Langy 71
bilbo

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
I'm going to join in this GB, not sure what I will build, but i have a few old Tamiya & Italeri kits in the stash, add a few upgrades. That would be something Simon would have liked.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
List of persons wanting to take part;

Lee
PaulE
BobtheStug
JimR
prichrd1
scottie3158
Allen Dewire
SWR
Paintguy
rtfoe
adt70hk
Jack L
David Lowell
Spanner570
John Race
Pete Low
Richard48
Gern
Rick H
Road of Bones
Strenko J
Si Benson
papa 695
colin m
wotan
Neil Merryweather
stillp
SteveH
Mike Mortimore
Tim Marlow
Peter Day
Monica
Mr Bowcat
Langy 71
KarlW
bilbo
Graeme C.

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Right, I’ve dug through the unbuilt stuff, and am going to do this....
846D6826-727A-496A-A96D-26098A2887EC.jpeg
but....as there are two I’m building one straight and one like this....The guy at the back looks like he’s so embarrassed he’s trying to hide from the camera.
5CDFF8D5-20BE-4FEC-B200-628F9BA02A1A.jpeg
Not sure if I’ll go for the crew as well yet.... I’ll have to source figures which could be hard..

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Tim. I don’t know if this will help but I built this one. The figures are very nice. Simon built the same kit as well. While I was building mine he PM me some pics of the one he built. But sadly my phone died and I lost most my pics. Simon took this kit beyond what I could ever think of doing to this kit. 87C38D45-6F6C-418D-B98A-CFE2D7A401A3.jpeg

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I’ve built that Zvezda gun as well Lee. I use it as fire support for my Normandy German collection. In gaming I don’t think it could hit a barn if it was inside it :smiling5:
I have quite a few metal 20mm figures that may suit....and know where I can get others but I think the biggest problem will be getting them to fit on something that small.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi all

So I was going to go with a very old Bf 110 I've only just started but that was going to be OOB. instead I'm going to do one of these. There won't be any scratch work but there will be PE to stretch me a bit. That might not sound like much to the PE experts but the only other PE I've use has been the mesh screen on an SdKfz 222.

ATB

Andrew

50458278048_e1d8f6004d_b.jpg

Last edited:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew. I’m sure you will do well with the PE and a better choice I must say. I’m the last guy you want to give PE to. That’s like giving John Race a propane torch.
Is there something I should know about John????:anguished:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andrew, to reassure you I am quite safe, but on occasions where realism is required I have set fire to dios :smiling3:
No one has been injured in these escapades and full HSE is implemented.
There will be fire , or the remains of in my diorama I am doing now.
Some members on here will not let me attend their builds unless I have been searched. This I feel is quite unfair :crying:.

Thank you Lee for allowing me to respond.