Smythe Meister's Mk. IX. ICM 1/48

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
OK then Chaps... an update......
Although i`m still behind where i was a WEEK AGO!!:astonished:.....
IMG20220729173621.jpg
IMG20220730162827.jpg
IMG20220730205516.jpg
IMG20220730205706.jpg
IMG20220730205627.jpg
Well,it`s taken me a LONG time to get here,but i`m quite pleased how it`s coming along so far;),it has been a real pain in the bum ....
.... BUT,i`ve learned a LOT.... Still not out of the woods yet mind!!:worried:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
SO now then... I`ve managed to get some decals on:thumb2:
... and done a bit of detail painting... much to go yet... but it is "Progress"!!;)
IMG20220803181210.jpg
IMG20220803181225.jpg
IMG20220803181233.jpg
Yep... "Warts`n all" .... That`s me!:flushed: ......
However,i`m sure i can get this trying,and disaster of a build to look like a Spitfire!!:anguished:......
I know what`s needed to get it looking better.... but it`ll NEVER be great!!.... Nevermind... i will still plod on!!
Andy

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Excellent mate, you've done good to keep the mojo going with that after the issues, I've got a heap of builds thrown on the "issues" pile.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
It's looking a million times better than it did mate, stick with it and she'll turn out like a beauty,..(she's looking fabulous so far )

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

Apologies, got very behind on this. Sorry to hear of your woes and kudos for starting again. I think I might have binned it......

It's turned out very well indeed 2nd time around.

ATB

Andrew

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Excellent mate, you've done good to keep the mojo going with that after the issues, I've got a heap of builds thrown on the "issues" pile.
Cheers Mark,HA!!.... Yeah,so have i :tears-of-joy:...... Was determined that this wasn`t going to join them mind!!;)
It's looking a million times better than it did mate, stick with it and she'll turn out like a beauty,..(she's looking fabulous so far )
Thanks very much Chris :hugging-face:,certainly "Better"...... but as for "A Beauty".... Hmmmm..... !!!!:thinking:
Andy

Apologies, got very behind on this. Sorry to hear of your woes and kudos for starting again. I think I might have binned it......

It's turned out very well indeed 2nd time around.

ATB

Andrew
No need for apologies Andrew!..... I very nearly did too :flushed:..... It`s been good as a learning curve if nothing else!!:astonished:
Keep at it andy its looking great , nice job on the stripes btw , cheers tony
Hi Tony,Thanks very much for that:hungry:...i think the stripes add so much more interesting than my first straight forward camo approach..... although,hopefully they`ll be a bit more tidy on my next build that they`ll be appropriate for:thumb2:.
Hi Andy
Well despite the many issues it now looks rather good. All credit to you.
Jim
Cheers Jim,certainly a few "Issues" were encountered:surprised:,however,looking back,they`ve made me more prepared for my future Aircraft builds:thumb2:.
It looks great Andy :thumb2:

I think it’s turned out much better second time around, the d-day stripes really make it pop.

Geoff.
Thanks Geoff:hugging-face:, I agree.... the D-Day stripes sure do make a difference:cool:.
Nice one Smitty......... :thumb2:
Cheers Rick:hugging-face:,great to see you looking in,especially as i know it`s not your kinda "Thing" really!!;)
Cracking….on the home straight now buddy.
Hi Tim,thanks mate:hungry:..... indeed i am..... just a few final bits to paint/tidy up.... and then it`s finishing coat of VARNISH ......AGAIN ........:flushed::dizzy::astonished:.......

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well,after nine and a half weeks on one single plane,i`m calling it "Done" :dizzy:
It`s FAR from perfect,mainly to it being my first completed wingy thing since i was a little un,AND,the obvious couple of disasters along the way:sad-face:,
I`d like thank ALL of you for your encouragement along this bumpy road,it`s helped immensely :cool:,(although i`m SURE that most of you,despite your kind words, were looking through your fingers and thinking "WTF" ?!!:flushed::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy: ).
Despite all that,i`m fairly pleased with the outcome,all things considered,and what i`ve learned about building/finishing Wingy things will benefit my subsequent builds,namely a Mosquito and a queue of other 1/48 kits:nerd:.
After this i`m going to take a break from planes and return to my beloved AFVs,(well,my Gun Tractor actually;)),for a couple of weeks,and then start the Mossie for the GB.
Talking GBs,unlike most of the guys,these pics i`m going to put up will be the last.I`m not going to take any better ones,(these are quite misleading as the shine from the Satin finish,looks like paint scrape!:sad-face:),and put them into the "Completed" section,as i`m totally aware that this is no where near good enough to stand shoulder to shoulder with the fantastic builds in that sub forum;).
SO,without more ado,here is my Spitfire Mk IX,..........Mk II !!:tears-of-joy:.........
IMG20220805155813.jpg
IMG20220805151151.jpg
IMG20220805151143.jpg
IMG20220805150911.jpg
IMG20220805123421.jpg
So then,there you have it !! It`s been a complete pain in the ar*e ,challenge,from start to finish,and i`d like to state that i`ve thoroughly enjoyed it all the way through.....
.... but i can`t!!;):tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:
It`s completely inaccurate,as in the Squadron letters don`t match the Tail number,and neither had the Stripes!!..... I know,i know.... I am now OFFICIALLY the site`s Wingy thing Heretic:dizzy::sick:.......Having said that,I DO kinda like it,and am sorta looking forward to my Mossie.... but i can`t EVER see me succumbing to the Dark side.... just the odd dabble........
...... AFVs are SO MUCH easier!!:nerd:
As i said,thanks EVERYONE:cool:
Cheers for now,
Andy

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that Andy. From where I am it looks excellent !!
John.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Mr. Smiff,

First off, stand up and take a bow Brother!!! She looks really great considering all the headaches you had along the road to the finish line. I am sure you also learned not to pour your JD and coke into the AB cup instead of varnish, the first time around. You should be very proud Andy and your "Never Say Die" attitude is to be most commended!!! Super stuff and a fine job...............

Prost
Allen

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Like i said Andy, she's a beauty.. an excellent rescue and a fab finish to a taxing build.. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks bloody good to me Andy. Absolutely worthy of a place in the GB pictures, so get her in there!

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I wouldn't have a clue weather stripes or numbers are wrong considering you don't do wingies and all the grief it gave you you've turned out very decent looking spit. No reason at all not to put it in the finished gb pics, it deserves to be there as much as everyone's else's!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Despite the problems you've had, that turned out very nicely indeed.

A great job.

Well done!!!

Andrew