spanner's 1/72 Hurricane and Dornier DO-17-A coming together

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cheers boys. I've not 'made' smoke before, so I'm well happy my first go passes muster.

Jim. If you fancy a second go, they are there, just scroll past the 'View Attachment' list, and they are next in line.

Ron

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
I only looked as far as the "attachments" - didn't scroll far enough down. That's a great model. Not seen anything like that. Even as a mere lad you were very good as this game.
Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ron

Sorry got very behind Just had a quick catch up. Looking ABSOLUTELY superb.

I could go on eulogising for the next 5 minutes about how ABSOLUTELY superb this is. But there are not enough words to do it justice, other than to say it is ABSOLUTELY SUPERB!!!

'nuff said!!

ATB

Andrew

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Ron

Sorry got very behind Just had a quick catch up. Looking ABSOLUTELY superb.

I could go on eulogising for the next 5 minutes about how ABSOLUTELY superb this is. But there are not enough words to do it justice, other than to say it is ABSOLUTELY SUPERB!!!

'nuff said!!

ATB

Andrew

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the impression that Andy likes this?

First Name
Andrew
By the way, there are other Andys who really like what you’re doing here!
That’s why as soon I realised Mr Race was on his way to your place with his matches I contacted Matron. She filled her giant syringe with water and contacted her mates in the fire service. They did a pincer movement on him outside your front door and doused him down thoroughly. He gave up and returned home a soggy mess. You may have heard the commotion outside but you can sleep peacefully knowing that your Dornier is safe! Matron to the rescue again!!

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Is it just me, or does anyone else get the impression that Andy likes this?
Dave

Please don't go overboard.....I was thinking more along the lines of moderately appreciate!!

Ron

Seriously though this will look amazing once finished. I wouldn't even know where to start with such a piece. You have come up with a great concept here and I can't wait to see it cross the finish line.

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ron

I meant to ask how you did the smoke? Wire wool or something else?

Andrew

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ron

I meant to ask how you did the smoke? Wire wool or something else?

Andrew

Yo, Andrew.
I mentioned it sort of in passing, yesterday. Cushion stuffing...:flushed:

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hi Alun.
I haven't a clue. A sort of off-white, coarse cotton wool, stringy, fluffy, pull apart, cushion stuffing type of thingy.....Oh, and it smelt of sheep!

Regards to you and the lads. Stay safe.

Ivor Lyllo Paddell.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I'm committing what for me anyway, is a Cardinal sin. - I'm fiddling with both aircraft when I should leave well alone!

So, apart from the later additions of some flying bits of metal, that's it.

Thanks to those who took the time to post great and funny comments along the way.

All that remains is to give the present Mr's Ron a bit more aircraft chucking practice, then hopefully I can post some finished pictures of the 'Ramming'

Cheers all and thanks again.

Ron

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Yo, Andrew.
I mentioned it sort of in passing, yesterday. Cushion stuffing...:flushed:

Cheers.
Ron
Ron

Sorry missed that. I didn't have much time, so focused on the pics more than the comments. Consider myself suitably embarrassed!!

ATB

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI RON this is one of the best threads ive ever seen on a midair collishion an if your good lady can toss the planes up nr togeather an your camera catches it all at the right angle i think you should go an do the lottery as this is a must see for me an all the guys i think anyway brilliant work
chris

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Brilliant work Ron. Your scratch building skills are just perfect. I was hoping for some 'out of the box' ideas for the GB, and you certainly haven't disappointed us here.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cheers chaps! Great comments... :thumb2:

Colin - I always try to go off on one for G.B.'s, and try something 'Wacky' and different.

I've just had a sample picture of the 'Ramming' developed. It was taken by Ray Holmes wingman, the numpty!

He told me "It's not my bl**dy fault I missed the shot, I was busy missing the scrap metal flying around. Perhaps the other pictures will be better!"

Here it is to be going on with, until his other snaps are developed....

P1270631.JPG

Cheers.

'Scoop' Donovan.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excellent smoke rendering. Always an excuse.... someone jarred my elbow..the sun got in my eys.. etc.
Witnessed the defense of the realm by fire brigade & Matron. Always a pleasure to watch her ministrations on someone else. Matron fire.jpg
PaulE

Last edited: