Sqn. Ldr. Ray Hanna A.F.C. & Bar being a very, very naughty boy!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Bit late, but thank you all for your very nice and encouraging comments.

Time to set about the surroundings.

Now Tirpitz is done, I have nicked it's background painting and altered it a tad. I've added a couple of more trees. By adding more detail to the foliage and darkening them, they appear to be nearer to the observer. Rule of Thumb...The more the detail, the closer things look.
P1340870.JPG

I've also collected some moss and bits of slate - And primed me spud gun!
P1340872.JPG

I've done the final painting of the bridge. The green will hopefully help blend in the foliage on the river banks.

P1340873.JPG

P1340875.JPG

P1340877.JPG

Here is the backdrop in position. You can see better how the latest trees pop out from the more distant stuff.

P1340878.JPG

Next, I'll build up the riverbanks.

Thanks for looking in.

Ron

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Jim and I see I cocked up with the pictures. :upside: I omitted the one showing the bridge in front of the painting....All sorted now.

Cheers Colin, but who the heck is Rob Ross?

Ron

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice backdrop Ron…..looks great with the bridge. if you ever get bored of model making you could take up painting, you obviously have the eye and tablet for it. :thumb2:
Got to agree with Colin though…..you have unknowingly channeled your inner Bob Ross ;) Lots of happy little trees…….

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thank you for the most excellent posts boys. They all make for very nice reading.

Tim. I don't know if I much care for the idea of having this Bob Ross inside me though! :flushed:

Moving rapidly on.....

I've added the greenery, slate and put some life in the river. It still might benefit from a few tweaks and or alterations, but it's getting there.
P1340880.JPG

As my bridge etc. is very loosely based on the one in County Durham, I might have to resort to Geordie some time soon!;)

Cheers and thanks for all your encouraging posts.

Ron

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That looks excellent. I watched a few of Bob Ross's painting programmes on TV. He was a very clever man. Did most of his painting with a 2" brush and a pallette knife. This is typical of his work
1665159029022.png

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That looks excellent. I watched a few of Bob Ross's painting programmes on TV. He was a very clever man. Did most of his painting with a 2" brush and a pallette knife. This is typical of his work
View attachment 464574
Should be able to see where we are coming from there Ron……
I’ve watched a few of his programs when they are on repeat, I find them extremely relaxing and his enthusiasm is infectious.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
He might do great scenery....but his fig. painting probably sucks... can't hold a candle to the "Marlow" Method! ;)
I'll get my coat....Taxi!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I suspect it would be better than I could do with a two inch brush and a palette knife Rick :thumb2: