Sqn. Ldr. Ray Hanna A.F.C. & Bar being a very, very naughty boy!

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is really lovely, Ron. I'm particularly impressed with th how you nonchalantly say "I've added some life to the river" and Boom! - it's looking completely believable. Are you going to tell us how you did it?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
This is really lovely, Ron. I'm particularly impressed with th how you nonchalantly say "I've added some life to the river" and Boom! - it's looking completely believable. Are you going to tell us how you did it?

Thanks for the compliment Paul. :thumb2:

Re. the river. I simply spread a bit of clear silicone on the chunk of slate.

Cheers.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Paul.

I've finally finished this build. A shed load of work for just a few photos. None the less, apart from the bad aircraft kit, I've thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of trying to get the model to very loosely, resemble Ray Hanna's 1988 stunt.

No photoshop stuff, just excellent 'Chucking' from the Mem Sahib! ;)
Thanks to all you wonderful folks who contributed your most excellent comments during this build.

So here are a couple of pictures of the finished diorama. I'll post some more over in 'Dioramas Completed' asap.

Neeeeowww!

P1340830.JPG

P1340827.JPG

Cheers all.

Archie Plain

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice one Jim.
I'm chuffed you approve of the final result, but perhaps more important than the model, the present Mrs. Ron's quality chucking!

Thanks for the nice post.

Ron

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
As always 570, you never disappoint...... outstanding result and tip 'o the hat to the missus for her expertise in "chucking".....I don't think Idu Chuckumup could have done it better !! ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Lovely job…..looks the part, especially the reflections off the water……absolutely bang on skipper……Moggy Catermole would be proud of you. ……and for those that don’t know how well Ron has recreated the scene, here’s the clip!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Brill' posts!
Thanks ever so much for all your nice comments.

Good to see Idu popping up again. I really must 'invite' him back at some time....

Mike, my wife is always willing and able to chuck my aircraft models around. Some even make it to the photo stage on S.M.!
She also asked that I thank the lads for their praise. "Piece of Cake" she said. How clever is that?!

On the subject of which, please don't compare my efforts with the above clip. The film sequence just sparked a challenge and my effort is not meant to be an attempt at an exact 'copy'.

More photos to follow soon over on 'Dios. Completed.

Thanks again.
Ron