Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker B Trumpeter Scale 1:32

First Name
Andrzej
Step 1.. PAINT /WASH/DRY-BRUSH ..

STEP 2.. I details the part by adding what missing , all the parts that are added are painted before and than I glued them into place ,than I apply decals !

STEP 3 ..I glued the parts together with CA glue all the time , you do not need to put a lot just anought to hold the parts together, be carefull cause CA can fog clear parts no recomanded if you close your canopy unless you use it on the outside of seem .. CA come in several thickness so you have to choose what you feel that it's the right tickness for ther work you wish to do !
Thanks, @JMARC but I do have additional questions. :smiling:
In my case I need to take one step at a time, first will be paint.
Wash and Dry Brush will have to come later on :tongue-out3:
I already said I ordered new cockpit but I want to try some things on the messed up one.

I think I will have the canopy closed so CA is not recommended. In that case what do I use to glue parts inside the cockpit?

QUESTIONS FOR ALL WHO WANT TO CHIP IN:
1. For now, let's just concentrate on cockpits painting, I want to use acrylic paint, do I need a primer?
2. If I use a primer for cockpit, do I dilute it for airbrush painting? What ratio?

First Name
Andrzej
I usually use PVA to attach canopies then there's no issue with fogging. I also use the PVA in the dials on the instruments to represent the lenses in. I've also used crystal clear to attach canopies which also works.
Thanks @Mickc1440 I assume that PVA glue is that white one for all applications, but do you mind attaching couple links, so I make sure I get the right one?

First Name
Jean-Marc
Thanks, @JMARC but I do have additional questions. :smiling:
In my case I need to take one step at a time, first will be paint.
Wash and Dry Brush will have to come later on :tongue-out3:
I already said I ordered new cockpit but I want to try some things on the messed up one.

I think I will have the canopy closed so CA is not recommended. In that case what do I use to glue parts inside the cockpit?

QUESTIONS FOR ALL WHO WANT TO CHIP IN:
1. For now, let's just concentrate on cockpits painting, I want to use acrylic paint, do I need a primer?
2. If I use a primer for cockpit, do I dilute it for airbrush painting? What ratio?
.Of course you can us CA to glue your interior parts as long you place the glue on strategic point , try elmer clear glue (they use to do in white but now it's clear) but there is also other glue you can use ,!
Depending of the color of the plastic i prime them all the time, for dilution it depend how thin you want your paint job to be !

First Name
Andrzej
.Of course you can us CA to glue your interior parts as long you place the glue on strategic point , try elmer clear glue (they use to do in white but now it's clear) but there is also other glue you can use ,!
Depending of the color of the plastic i prime them all the time, for dilution it depend how thin you want your paint job to be !
Sorry to drag it but I want to make sure I understand... :smiling: (keep in mind English is my second language).
I can use the CA in cockpit even if the canopy will be closed, but I have to make sure CA is cured/hardened before I close canopy, correct?

First Name
Andrzej
Here is my next step, it took ME a relatively long time to sand parts, so they fit.
I also sanded the leading edge of flaps with finishing file (I do not know the grit) stick that has two colors white and black and gray on the other side.
I assumed that since there are metal hinges there, it would be much harder to sand it after wing halves are glued together.

IMG_1164.JPGIMG_1166.JPG

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I personally wouldn't use those metal clamps to hold things together. They tend to leave marks on the plastic.

First Name
Andrzej
I personally wouldn't use those metal clamps to hold things together. They tend to leave marks on the plastic.
Thanks, Alan. Now you are not going to believe it, but I DID think about it, I saw them leaving a tiny hole which will be gone after sanding and priming but why to put them on if not needed? :smiling5:
Ordered new set of clamps with soft pads on tips.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Yes is the answer to your CA question Andrzej. For clear parts PVA, as suggested by Mick works well. There are other alternatives as well……
I use this, mostly because it was on sale in my local hobby shop
556F161F-C63B-4E5E-9FD7-57D91C081691.jpeg
Others use watchmakers crystal cement, used for putting the glass on the front of watches, so it obviously dries very clear and strong, and still others use microscale crystal clear…
DF1F59FA-2A68-47F1-84C7-0E17600CD3E9.jpeg
Personally I’d go with whatever is easiest to obtain for you. They all work….

First Name
Jean-Marc
Sorry to drag it but I want to make sure I understand... :smiling: (keep in mind English is my second language).
I can use the CA in cockpit even if the canopy will be closed, but I have to make sure CA is cured/hardened before I close canopy, correct?
No trouble at all... English is also my second language ...Yes you got it right .!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Where can I find some video or directions on painting cockpit?
I would just look up photos of the real plane’s cockpit and see what colours everything is. For example:

1599px-Cockpit_of_Sukhoi_Su-27_%282%29.jpg
(source))

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I deliberately found one of an Su-27 so you can see which colours go where :smiling3: Just searching for Su-27 cockpit gives plenty of useful photos, though you probably won’t be able to replicate everything you see there — as with almost everything, as your skill in modelling increases, you’ll be able to add finer detail. That shouldn’t stop you from trying if you want, of course, but it helps to keep in the back of your mind that some things will be out of your reach for now :smiling3:

First Name
Andrzej
I deliberately found one of an Su-27 so you can see which colours go where :smiling3: Just searching for Su-27 cockpit gives plenty of useful photos, though you probably won’t be able to replicate everything you see there — as with almost everything, as your skill in modelling increases, you’ll be able to add finer detail. That shouldn’t stop you from trying if you want, of course, but it helps to keep in the back of your mind that some things will be out of your reach for now :smiling3:
I will take a simple approach, it is my first model and I just need to learn stuff. Plus, as you see my initial post, I am doing plane for flight simulator and this is a reference help.

First Name
Andrzej
THIS IS FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool::smiling6::nerd:
First time in my life used airbrush, most likely long learning curve but at least it was a start.
And of course, I made a mistake, I was cleaning airbrush but let the paint cup sitting aside, result, could not wash with water, got to use airbrush cleaner, first thing learned!!!

IMG_1167.JPGIMG_1168.JPG