T-18 / MS1 another 1/35 Russian Tank

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Right on JR. Will be watching the progress. I got so excited I've decided to do a soft skin build of a Bussing 900.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ruskie FT-17, nice odd one John :thumb2: .

The rivets will be a weathers dream to use in a beat up scene:smiling:.

Pretty neat that black glue, absolutely very handy in seeing ones spots for improvement, we all need that from time till time:rolling:.
Your right thereFernando , thanks, Steve would love this for pinwashes. I didn't youse it for those tracks,they would have looke like black webbed feet or a caterpillar !
Right on JR. Will be watching the progress. I got so excited I've decided to do a soft skin build of a Bussing 900.

Will it look like this .
Oh well if the thought of cammo sets you onto that Bussing 900 all well and good.
Quite like the look of that cammo now , should be fun.
Will it look like this !:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::nerd:

images.jpeg

Well that was quick! Roll on the paint:thumb2:
Hi Si, us old ones have plenty of time in between cooking and gardening !
John .
Thanks guys .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yes, but without the pyrotechnics. Never seen that pic before. Where ever did you find it? Cheers, Rick H.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi John

Thought it was about time I checked out some of your work afer the warm welcome. I have to congratulate you on your perseverance. It looks like a pretty horrendous build.... I think I would have given up by now.

I've not come across black adhesive before. If I understood one of your posts it's designed to help you see where you've not glued? Is that correct? How aggressive is compared to say Tamiya Extra thin?

ATB

Andrew

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John

Thought it was about time I checked out some of your work afer the warm welcome. I have to congratulate you on your perseverance. It looks like a pretty horrendous build.... I think I would have given up by now.

I've not come across black adhesive before. If I understood one of your posts it's designed to help you see where you've not glued? Is that correct? How aggressive is compared to say Tamiya Extra thin?

ATB

Andrew
Andrew the idea was let you see the glue line, in my case its how much I splash about .:disappointed: It does grab but not as quickly as TXT,Iv'e managed to remove parts after 10 minutes so may be less aggressive than TET.

Don't encourage him Rick.! He will invite you around for a slide show on all the things he's burnt, burning and going to burn LOL
:tongue-out3:Thank you my dear friend, that is most uncalled for I've hardly set fire to many things, its just spontaneous combustion.:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::blow-kiss:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
What a nice looking little tankette. Look forward to the camo - really stupid brave of you :tongue-out3: I like that Revell Contacta glue, very useful when you need a bit of wiggle time.
Am I alone in thinking the turret looks like a Dalek :rolling:
Jim

Last edited:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
Apologies mate I have only just found this and you have nearly finished it. That's a great result so far. Hats off to you for taking on these less than perfect kits.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
What a nice looking little tankette. Look forward to the camo - really stupid brave of you :tongue-out3: I like that Revell Contactor glue, very useful when you need a bit of wiggle time.
Am I alone in thinking the turret looks like a Dalek :rolling:
Jim
Thanks Jim , Ha .:smiling2: Rick thought it looked like R2D2, Can see the resemblance to a Dalek . I agree with you about the Contactor glue. I don't think I could build a track now with out it.
Oh as for the camo it might keep a certain member happy !!!

John,
Apologies mate I have only just found this and you have nearly finished it. That's a great result so far. Hats off to you for taking on these less than perfect kits.

That's ok Paul , there wasn't much to enjoy ! more like this is is a crap model and how to bodge it :smiling2:

John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Made 3 wire handles, glued on , painted with MRHobby Metal primer then when dry some Amig primer.
Going to leave over night to dry as I want to spray a coat of chipping fluid on in the afternoon.Then a top coat of good old 4BO .Can't leave it too long before the chipping other wise it goes too hard and is nearly impossible to do the chipping.

IMG_20190910_181521560.jpg

IMG_20190910_181431820.jpg

IMG_20190910_181429473.jpg

IMG_20190910_181414525.jpgIMG_20190910_181414525.jpg

John

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi John very well done you stuck with it :thumb2: , I thought it was touch and you for a while.
Pete.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looks good JR. It appears that you will survive this event. Have you given any thought as to what you will do next or are you still looking for the matches to your flamethrower?? Glad to see Pete is back with us, I'm sure his missus is keeping a close eye on him so no larking about. Cheers, Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John will do, still in hospital but a lot better place than yesterday, Siobhan is probably ten times stricter than matron so will do as I'm told for a while :thinking:, a short while.
Pete.
Stricter than Matron :smiling2::flushed::worried: wow. Respect ! Top lady.

Looks good JR. It appears that you will survive this event. Have you given any thought as to what you will do next or are you still looking for the matches to your flamethrower?? Glad to see Pete is back with us, I'm sure his missus is keeping a close eye on him so no larking about. Cheers, Rick H.
Hi Rick yes just got through by the skin of my teeth.Have ordered the Hobbyboss version.So will do that next , and have a joint dio.
No we had better look out. I've locked my self in .
John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Do the chipping, did it rather too early, but pleased.
Only a couple of bits fell off:tongue-out3:, some track and the front suspension arm .
See photo, using a tarp to hold up the track while it dries.:hungry: Other section of track is glued and drying .
IMG_20190911_162712359.jpg

IMG_20190911_162736914.jpg

Then the chipping fluid was sprayed, once the brown was dry, then after the chipping was applied the green 4 BO
IMG_20190911_172555851.jpg

IMG_20190911_172614951.jpg

Will glue on the damaged fender tomorrow after doing that track.
Have some stuff coming from Scale Model Shop, including some oilbrusher. In for a penny in for a pound !
Thanks for looking in.
John .

Last edited:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
I'm glad I'm not the only one that bits fall off. Looking good so far.