T 38 Amphibious Tank 1/35 scale by PARC models.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
You're a man of many talents. Every update reveals new skills - chicken pie maker and eater.
Jim

Just for you Jim and Si.
IMG_4946.JPG

2 FOR 1 ! Management not too impressed, I said it just fell in, followed by the LOOK .
Was primed yesterday, top coated this morning.

Rest of pie for tea.
John.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great comeback for a binned kit John. :thumb2:
Love the groundwork and the water experiments.:cool:

Neat work at the pie too, was that a dunkelgelb und weiss mix you used for the coat?

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I hope you applied a Matt Varnish before putting it in that pie :smiling5::smiling3:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
We don't usually use primer - prefer a simple egg wash. Gives a nice golden brown top!!
Jim

No I don't either, :smiling2: yes it was weathered with the egg wash available from all happy free range hens ! Not yet in the Vallejo range .
Pie was very nice .

Great comeback for a binned kit John. :thumb2:
Love the groundwork and the water experiments.:cool:

Neat work at the pie too, was that a dunkelgelb und weiss mix you used for the coat?
Thanks Fernando, :smiling2: 4BO and egg, ! :flushed::hungry::upside::tongue-out3:
John,
Just read through your build and your experiments, interesting.
View attachment 337785
It was all going so well untill the pie......
Cheers, Mike.
Oh God I'm never going to live this down ,:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::nerd: That hair reminds me of mine first thing in the morning !

I hope you applied a Matt Varnish before putting it in that pie :smiling5::smiling3:
Of course I did, don't want gravey stuck to the hull.

Thanks guys what with Track gate and now Pie gate :tongue-out::tongue-out3::upside:
John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A calm has come over the bench, the BA20 being on hold re the wheels so I cracked on with the T38.

Devoid of remains of pie I decided to put on the decals, I can quite see why I don't attempt planes with those big decals , these were bad enough just going around the turret .

I use a tile for soaking the decals, just a couple of drops of water from a pipet rather than a saucer or cup where I find they curl up when coming off the backing.

IMG_4970.JPG
Still found this length had a mind of its own, it fell apart in several places , but I managed to get it all on.
The white blocks were as the red on two decals, one for the turret front and the other for the wrap around.

IMG_4971.jpgD1.jpg

IMG_4972.jpgD2.jpg

A wee bit uneven on the left side, at least this is on the back side of the dio. ;).
Hopefully tomorrow I can varnish and then start some weathering using oils, looking fwd to that.

John.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Comrade Smirnov was a wee bit inebriated when he painted the red line. Its great to see your research has picked up on this with your build. Well done sir

Looking forward to seeing your oil work

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Comrade Smirnov was a wee bit inebriated when he painted the red line. Its great to see your research has picked up on this with your build. Well done sir

Looking forward to seeing your oil work
Loving these cars Steve, just for you I might even do the camo and winter wash !!! That decal might have easily ended up in the bin.

Looks ok to me.

Thank you Ralph . :smiling3:.
John.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a gloss varnish late last night, so this afternoon I started the oils. will post photos tomorrow.

John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening glue fans, here at Race Towers things have been progressing .
While waiting for some wheels amongst other things I've decided to go back to the river.
The gap around the T38 seemed a bit wide, so out with the filler
I've made up the first batch and buttered up the sides of the model. Once in place I added some Vallejo colour, and worked it in with a brush. There are still sections of white filler showing, but will paint those in later .
It took another mix to get right in, I've left the side and the rear quite undulating to give the impression of water movement .

It will be interesting to see how this works with the water.
IMG_20190503_172020824.jpgIMG_20190503_172029814.jpgIMG_20190503_172038026.jpg

Loads to do yet before any liquid gets poured with some colouring when it's completely dry .

Thanks for looking in .
Comments welcome .
John .

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Aye up John - looks like you got a tad carried away with the splodge stuff.

In reference photos, although sitting low in the water, it was still possible to see the front end of the top track run and sprocket but you appear to have totally filled in the gap now

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Aye up John - looks like you got a tad carried away with the splodge stuff.

In reference photos, although sitting low in the water, it was still possible to see the front end of the top track run and sprocket but you appear to have totally filled in the gap now
Hi Simon, yes realised that as soon as I had the first lot of filler in, oh well the least seen of those tracks the better ! :smiling3:
I have since altered it .

Coming along nicely John :smiling3:.
Cheers Ralph.
John,
Looks good to me. If it is sitting low put it down to the crew having a good lunch:tongue-out3:
:smiling2: ha I was going to tell Simon that ! Paul, either that or they were carrying extra ammo.
Hey JR, to me it seems to be bob, bob, bobing along. lol.
:thumb2: Rick H.
Rick, :smiling2:, Christine said it could we'll be stuck in thick mud ! .

Well this afternoon I removed it from the luckily still unset filler. Soaked the model base in warm water, ( where by it floated very well .) And removed the bits of filler from the model .

Made up a fresh mix of filler and built up the base to lift the tank higher .

IMG_20190504_190853798.jpg

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Tried to upload 3 more photos from my phone and had a message saying too big !
Can't under stand why .
John .