Tamiya 1/350 KGV plus extras

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Devcon is like araldite Chris. Not instant, but very reliable. Might not suit your build style, but I set up a few joints ready to go at a time when I use it.
This stuff……
B981D2BC-AD09-4104-8E08-25165509090C.jpeg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OH yes i see what you mean now Tim but to slow for me when i get gluein a fair sized bit togeather so i need instand bond a thats what i have so im happy with the glue i use
ATB Tim
chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Bob. Just been catching up. In your battles with PE. I don't remember seeing that you clean the PE with a degreaser. A good tickle with a paintbrush and ipa or cellulose thinner will remove any greases from fingers, chocolate hob-nobs and bacon cobbs.
As well .you know with CA less is more.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Bob. Just been catching up. In your battles with PE. I don't remember seeing that you clean the PE with a degreaser. A good tickle with a paintbrush and ipa or cellulose thinner will remove any greases from fingers, chocolate hob-nobs and bacon cobbs.
As well .you know with CA less is more.
Thanks Ian, all really helps

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Had a bit of a ME flare up, been out of action for a few days

So today, Had a go at adding PE to the main battery director. Now many will think this is a walk in the park, but for me bit by bit! A big challenge for me lol
20221126_143546.jpg
Then the radar mesh
20221126_162046.jpg
Not very tidy, but happy with bending the plate at the rear and making the radar frame. Used locktite and it stuck well but need to be careful with how thick it is. Lots more to learn and importantly improve on!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
'Admiral' Bob, you were never normal and we all know that!!! Now, I really have to say it appears the CA probs are history. That battery director and the radar array look tops Brother. It must have been hell to bend it, let alone glue it together. Most excellent work......So take a bow on the poop deck and drive on salty!!!

Prost
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bob you like me might find CA a pain but your photo of that part is top notch .
Hope you are feeling better.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Looking good Bob nothing wrong there ,you've hit the nail on the head for all of us ,you have to get on and do it to learn from it ,if you can't learn from it how are you going to improve ,I always think its a learning circle than a learning curve. Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Bob mate hope you are feeling better after your M/E flare up an well done on that radar looks good keep up the good work my freind ready for them big ships
CHRISB

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bob you like me might find CA a pain but your photo of that part is top notch .
Hope you are feeling better.
Hi John, ta very much. Feeling better thanks
Looking good Bob nothing wrong there ,you've hit the nail on the head for all of us ,you have to get on and do it to learn from it ,if you can't learn from it how are you going to improve ,I always think its a learning circle than a learning curve. Dave
Very true David. Finally know the meaning of patience and pray lol
HI Bob mate hope you are feeling better after your M/E flare up an well done on that radar looks good keep up the good work my freind ready for them big ships
CHRISB
Hi Chris, getting there ta, not ready for the biggies yet!
Great work Bob!!

ATB

Andrew
Thanks Andrews, appreciated
Definitely looks as if you are well on the way to beating your PE demons.
Like Tim I use 2 part epoxy in some situations. I have some which cures in 5 mins.
Hi Jim, big shiny demons lol

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bit more today, attached the kit arms to the radar array but the arms were too dam short to fit the grove on top of the director. So fitted some plastic rod onto the groove and attached the arms with locktite to the rod.
20221127_170008.jpg
It's actually level lol

Now the problem i should filled in the groove first bugger, bugger

Attachments

• 20221127_170020.jpg
    20221127_170020.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 3

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
More fun, added small walkways
20221129_131845.jpg
Cannot get to grips with the ladders and bending the very small nubs 90°. Tried various methods but just ruined the ladder. Going to have buy some for practice

Started on other bits
20221129_133641.jpg20221129_133627.jpgnot great, the plans are poor and broke the frame it sits on. Bent the PE to much and it quickly broke, must be more gentle! Will try to tidy it up more.

However getting better, slowly lol