Tamiya Dragon Wagon

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Jim,
Looking forward to seeing what you do with this. I built it a while ago and its typical Tamiya goes together beautifully.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Jim,
Looking forward to seeing what you do with this. I built it a while ago and its typical Tamiya goes together beautifully.
Thanks Paul, would love to see some pics ofyour version, you can PM me with them if you like.
Wait a minute...maybe I don't want to see them...

7oH3ZG7e5xvDubmNFpTAHaFj?w=228&h=186&c=7&o=5&pid=1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Nice project Jim!
Love that vehicle, I have a 1/72 shelve-queen-dragon-wagon... just so many other things to do :poop: ...
Will follow your build :thumb2:
Cheers,
Steven

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It’s a very good kit to build, typical Tamiya quality and one they really went to town on for the 300th (off the top of my head) release in their 1:35 scale vehicles line. Unfortunately it also has a number of typical Tamiya simplifications in terms of detail, but it still looks the part and you’d be hard-pressed to assemble it wrong :smiling3:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jim
Great looking kit which I'm certain you will really do credit to.
Jim

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn Jim,

Nice choice to build and detail Sir!!! Looks like you're off to a good start too. I'm in and are you still up to your butt in snow upstate???

Prost
Allen

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Morn Jim,

Nice choice to build and detail Sir!!! Looks like you're off to a good start too. I'm in and are you still up to your butt in snow upstate???

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen, this is truly a dream build for me, though it may take a bit of patients to see me through on this one. Just when I think I may have a bit of a hiatus
from daily business to dedicate some time to modelling, something or someone has a crisis (mostly self created) that they are freezing to death:rolling:
and need an emergency wood delivery.

So off to the races we go, I could not sleep knowing some one (mostly elders) were in fear of not being able to keep warm.
If only every one would prepare properly for winter and not be caught off guard my life would be much easier!

Such is life I guess, I would not trade it for anything.
Snow has been not as bad as it has been in past years to date, but fridged temps have meant that any snow that has fallen has not melted away.
So we are now incased in an ice world that seems surreal, where it seems to melt a bit but then immediately re-freeze creating an absolutely unmanageable
skating rink of disaster!

We get calls in the middle of the night from folks begging to be pulled back onto the road after sliding into the ditch!
How can one ignore such pleading cries!?

So off to getting dressed for the cold in the middle of the night, warming up one of the trucks and then trying to find the poor soul
sometimes in blinding snow!
Oft times they are in such distress that one could not possibly ask for monetary compensation at the time and then only to find one being put on the "pay no mind"
list can make one quite cynical indeed.

I blame my Missus for pushing me to help others, but then again her beautiful heart and soul are what made me realize the true blessing she has been to my life.
I would indeed be a much harder nut to crack if not for her.

So there it is , sorry for rambling on so, oh right, this Dragon Wagon thing....working on it.

Jim;)

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Will pull up a seat Jim and follow along. Good luck with the build and the heating :smiling2:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
UPDATE:

Oh it's starting to get ugly now since I'm dark washing as I go.
Looks like it's being built at the local scrap yard but it seems to be a much complicated build
so washing and weathering as I go seems the only solution.

To assemble this monster and then attempt to weather all it's aspects properly all at once would do it a great injustice IMO.
Besides, what's the rush?

Sorry about lousy pics, just did some quick snaps.100_0514 (3).JPG100_0516 (2).JPG100_0517.JPG100_0518 (3).JPG100_0519 (4).JPG100_0520 (3).JPG100_0521 (3).JPG100_0524 (2).JPG

D

Deleted member 6559

Good grief Jim! All that spaghetti and you've wrestled it into something that looks awesome. Great work.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
it seems to be a much complicated build
so washing and weathering as I go seems the only solution.
I came to the same conclusion when I built mine. Painted things as I went and eventually ended up with a completely painted model and an idea plus several half-built models for a diorama I never did make.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jim
Sounds like a good plan and probably the only way to get it right. Weathering looks superb. Love all your cables/pipes etc - shows you know about trucks.
Jim

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Agree with Jim on your knowledge of trucks, really shows .
Sorry I'm late but the road to your place was blocked !

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Coming along beautifully. A very complex model. The "Famo" of the US Army. I've done several in 1/87 scale. Some with & some w/o trailers, those w/o have the recovery jib erected. Have you decided how you will present yours? PaulE

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Jim,
That is a great looking build love the wiring looms. I was pretty much the same as you weathering the sub assemblies as I went.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Coming along beautifully. A very complex model. The "Famo" of the US Army. I've done several in 1/87 scale. Some with & some w/o trailers, those w/o have the recovery jib erected. Have you decided how you will present yours? PaulE
Thanks for looking in Paul, I intend to keep all my options open, if one follows the "no glue" instructions, virtually all aspects can be
"operational" and thus she can be placed in various scenarios, both with and without trailer.

She will keep me quite busy even once the monumental task of getting her put together in my little "shop" is complete.
Rescues, recoveries, towing of various vehicles and trailer hauling of all kinds of things...the implications seem endless!
Very exiting indeed.

sYtREXPmnLCl3HVXoUFQAAAA?w=154&h=156&c=7&o=5&pid=1.jpg

Plus I have an M36 recovery vehicle to lend a hand.

e8rSAsqLu6VL9UENjVugHaFF?w=268&h=184&c=7&o=5&pid=1.jpg..............;)