Tamiya Dragon Wagon

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Jim,
I built the M32 a while ago. Not a bad kit a little bit simplistic but not badly detailed for its time. The one thing I did have was the hull moulding was delaminating a bit.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Jim,
I built the M32 a while ago. Not a bad kit a little bit simplistic but not badly detailed for its time. The one thing I did have was the hull moulding was delaminating a bit.
I too built mine some time ago and she will be a great partner in crime.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Jim,
Lovely work instantly recognisable as your style I really like the mottled effect on the greens. Keep it up.

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
Jim,

Brilliant work mate, I'm currently building one of these the trailer is completed just waiting paint. I really like all the pipe and cable work, are you using the cord that comes in the kit for the break lines.

Marty

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Jim,

Brilliant work mate, I'm currently building one of these the trailer is completed just waiting paint. I really like all the pipe and cable work, are you using the cord that comes in the kit for the break lines.

Marty
Thanks Martyn, cord is actually kite line, got a whole spool for one dollar at the flea market.
As I look at them I kinda wished I used something else but oh well, not gonna change them up at this point.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Real skinny electronics solder (wire works great for short stuff but APITA to strip for long runs) makes nice tubing/pipe. PaulE

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Jim,
That's looking really good, do not forget to add grease on the skids up to the 5th wheel, they get plastered with it when coupling and un-coupling the trailer. Like all the 'wiring' looms, it's those little details that make the model.
Looking forward to more.
Mile

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Jim,
That's looking really good, do not forget to add grease on the skids up to the 5th wheel, they get plastered with it when coupling and un-coupling the trailer. Like all the 'wiring' looms, it's those little details that make the model.
Looking forward to more.
Mile
Got it!
UI5yYhEnHgmdiA7F504QHaKD?w=197&h=268&c=7&o=5&pid=1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Jim,
Just an idea but when I did my 5th wheel I used neat oil paint mixed with some pigment just to stiffen it up.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Jim,
Just an idea but when I did my 5th wheel I used neat oil paint mixed with some pigment just to stiffen it up.
I was thinking along those same lines, I use black oil paint (tube) very shiny and the consistency of black grease
to mix with my Testors silver for "metalizing" as I call it.

Will use it a bit sparingly though because I intend to play around with different scenarios once she is done with trailer on and off.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks guys, a bit rough and tumble but it's coming along.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
It wouldn't look right if it was "neat and tidy".....just not your style Jim.:smiling5: Rick H.