Tamiya M20

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The hull has had its top coat of olive drab and some high lights done, the details have been picked out in OD mixed with light flesh. Next Gloss clear enamel has been added in the areas where the decals will be placed. This will be followed by a coat of clear when the decals have been added ready for the washes and chipping.

I have started on the stowage adding colours. I still cant get the hang of highlighting it always looks to stark I struggle to make it look subtle.

comments or pointers always welcomed.

Scottie

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Scottie,
I’m with Pete, looks fine to me. I wonder if a diluted wash might tone it down if you really wanted to?
Coming along nicely :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Scottie, your attention to detail is simply amazing! Love all the junkonthebunk you have added so far. Keep 'er going mate!
Cheers, Rick H.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Scottie,
Nothing wrong there at all. If there is one suggestion I could make when painting equipment, it is to use oils to give you your highlights and shadows as you would with figure painting. So much easiers than acrylics. But as I said nowt wrong there.
Cheers, Mike.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice looking stowage
Thanks Lee, its always fun to make your own and so much cheaper than after market stuff.
Looking good so far
Thanks Simon glad your looking in.
Scottie, your attention to detail is simply amazing! Love all the junkonthebunk you have added so far. Keep 'er going mate!
Cheers, Rick H.
Cheers Rick, I always have fun doing the junk the hard part is to make it look believable and not look like its held in place by magic lol.
Scottie,
Nothing wrong there at all. If there is one suggestion I could make when painting equipment, it is to use oils to give you your highlights and shadows as you would with figure painting. So much easiers than acrylics. But as I said nowt wrong there.
Cheers, Mike.
Thanks Mike I was actually thinking that to myself I will have a go when I get back to the bench. Thanks for the suggestion.

D

Deleted member 6559

The stowage looks absolutely right to me. I think you have a subtle style of painting and stark highlights would stand out too much against the vehicle. Just keep on doing what feels natural - you're good at it. Superb work Scottie.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The stowage looks absolutely right to me. I think you have a subtle style of painting and stark highlights would stand out too much against the vehicle. Just keep on doing what feels natural - you're good at it. Superb work Scottie.
Thanks Peter that's very kind of you to say hopefully I will manage to blend the high lights better with practice.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Nice coat of OD Paul, neat paint work of the stowage too.
Neat to see to see all that work coming to life with a touch of colour, nothing too stark about it. :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I've fallen behind with this Paul , sorry.
Can't offer any help with the highlighting, but can't see anything wrong with it anyway. As the guys have said the stowage is brilliant.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Sorry for not posting.. i've been away for a while... well as usual results are fantastic keep it coming