Tim’s 1/48 Tamiya Mosquito FB Mk VI

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great job with the stripes Tim. I agree, they are more accurate being a bit rough :thumb2:

Geoff.
Thanks Geoff, my thoughts entirely. Removed overspray though because they would have been brush painted.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Looking Great Tim!!! They were probably done quickly and yours look tops. If I may make a suggestion, please don't recycle the tissues after you blow your nose in them. Getting them wet and stuffing them into the holes is a fantastic idea Sir, but what was in them is more than we want to see...Thank you for your understanding.....

I'll get my coat now!!!............

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking Great Tim!!! They were probably done quickly and yours look tops. If I may make a suggestion, please don't recycle the tissues after you blow your nose in them. Getting them wet and stuffing them into the holes is a fantastic idea Sir, but what was in them is more than we want to see...Thank you for your understanding.....

I'll get my coat now!!!............

Prost
Allen
But how else will I get them to stick Allen?

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
aaaaand…..we have stripes…….
View attachment 464097
Not perfect, but close enough for something that was hand painted prior to combat. Minor touch ups needed to eliminate overspray, and a minor repair to the rudder aerial rod, which I knocked off when masking for the stripes…..then gloss varnish prior to decals…..getting there at last!
Lovely!! :smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That's looking sweet.
Cheers Ian. Half way through the decals now. Some are Tamiya, and some are Xtradeca. Both have issues……Tamiya are like putting on vinyl labels, and the Xtradecal ones come off the backing sheet in ten seconds flat and are all too easy to lift back off the model…..not enough glue on them I think. Oh for modern Airfix decals, they are superior in every regard….
Four applications of decalsol so far, and I still have a few air bubbles to get rid of……

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Right, stickers on………
F5712AF0-54F8-4C2C-8331-F50AB0C60A9D.jpeg
Not that many, thank goodness!

ABC87A32-EF35-4590-A0EC-3DF57A9CFA5F.jpeg
Had trouble with these…..about seven coats of Micro Sol now, so that’s as good as it gets. I can still see bubbles around some of the rivets, despite repeated pinholing the trapped air. Also don’t know why Tamiya didn’t include the “keep off“ legend on the main decal! Still, on with the motley……varnish top coat next. This one needs a semi gloss, so here’s hoping……