Tim’s Trumpeter KV-7 in 1/35

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
For anyone building a trumpy KV, the mud scrapers are a pain to get in after track assembly….I found it best to thin and shorten the locating pins so they would fit a little easier….and it’s impossible to get the tail light glass on once the back is built…so that’s staying off…..might fill it with clear epoxy instead….

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Struggling a bit with mojo on this build, I must admit. Tracks are getting there now though…
View attachment 448664
Basic stuff, coated with Vallejo German cam black brown, then washed with burnt umber and highlights added using a 6B pencil. Looks OK though.

Question for those in the know….did KV wheels have rubber tyres? It looks like they are bare steel, but I don’t want to highlight wear points and someone helpfully point out that they had rubber outers….
Sorry Tim I skipped right over those Tracks. Nice finish on them they look real nice.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Last but one stage…..adding the tow cables…
The locations for these are pretty flimsy, so I beefed them up a little…

First up, I added a small bit of 0.7mm brass wire for a locator..
2DD77E37-34B2-43F3-961D-18EDC644A7FE.jpeg
This was put on one end of the cable, not both ends….

Next up, I drilled a 0.8mm hole in the body at the right place….
0AA7B006-FF7F-4D1F-B965-A8BEF6587794.jpeg
This was marked from the support bracket using a pair of spring dividers…

Last up, the cables were added….
2AC68D75-EEAE-47CD-AAE2-FAAF289371CB.jpeg
This still looks like the actual fixing, but it is far stronger when you are manipulating the sag and the other end…..

65749829-C2AD-48B7-ADD7-8BA711CEEF6D.jpeg
Just a little touching up of the paintwork and she’s finally done…..I painted the ends in a slightly different colour as well, I assume they are fitted pre-made and painted when the vehicle is built. Gives a little more interest to the solid green lump as well…..

Final shots in a day or so when everything has dried properly…

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim
This is really looking nice. Good idea with the location pins.
Thanks mate. I just thought they were impossibly flimsy. One slight mishandling issue and they’d be gone otherwise….