Tim’s Trumpeter KV-7 in 1/35

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That is pretty big compared to your 28mm figures.... I wonder how many would fit in the hull without the top on??? :smiling5: ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That is pretty big compared to your 28mm figures.... I wonder how many would fit in the hull without the top on??? :smiling5: ;)
Yep, pretty big Andrew LOL. There is a shot in the finished figures section with a lawn ornament stood on the hull…..I think it would take around thirty of them ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Been there John. Mine’s not listed though…. :surprised:
[/QUOTE)
I know, only because it never appeared after the trials.

• KV-7 (Object 227) (also called U-13). - Experimental self-propelled gun with 100 mm of frontal armour, armed with 3 cannons: two 45 mm model 1932/34 and one 76 mm F-34. 200 rounds of ammunition was carried for the 45 mm guns and 93 rounds for the 76 mm gun. One unit was produced and tested in 1941.
  • KV-7-2 (improved variant) (also called U-14) had two 76 mm F-34 cannons, and 85 mm of frontal armour. Vehicles were not taken in service primarily because they could not fight tanks (the KV-7s had only 15 degree gun traverse to each side) and could not combat concrete bunkers due to the small caliber of the guns. After the failure of the KV-7 it was decided to put one 152 mm gun in the casemate instead of three smaller guns; this led to the development of the SU-152.
Still fun to build as so different from those 28mm figures !

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Tim
When you get fit and instruction issues it show how important it is to read and plan ahead and dry fit. Common sense but how many times do we say to ourselves "I should have left part A1 until later 'cause now part B1 is going to be a b****r to get in place!!" :rolling:
Nice neat progress. After your 'little people' it will seem massive.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Yep, but they made a couple of dozen chassis before they were cancelled. These were used for subsequent bunker buster trials with the 152 gun.

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yep, but they made a couple of dozen chassis before they were cancelled. These were used for subsequent bunker buster trials with the 152 gun.
I shouldn't have wanted to be inside it when it fired, or on the receiving end either.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Tim
When you get fit and instruction issues it show how important it is to read and plan ahead and dry fit. Common sense but how many times do we say to ourselves "I should have left part A1 until later 'cause now part B1 is going to be a b****r to get in place!!" :rolling:
Nice neat progress. After your 'little people' it will seem massive.
Jim
Yep, I always look a couple of pages ahead Jim. It certainly does seem massive after the little lads, but I’m starting to adjust now…

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well,I'm not actually taking part in this GB, obviously, Due to other commitments modelling wise.....
HOWEVER!!....
The moment I saw Mr. Marlow was doing a TANK!!!???? .....
..... I just HAD to look in and comment;)
....C'MON that man, I've not seen one of your AFVs before :smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well,I'm not actually taking part in this GB, obviously, Due to other commitments modelling wise.....
HOWEVER!!....
The moment I saw Mr. Marlow was doing a TANK!!!???? .....
..... I just HAD to look in and comment;)
....C'MON that man, I've not seen one of your AFVs before :smiling3:
Well, I did finish an armoured car for the shelf Queen GB last year, and did a Panther on the old MM site, so you can’t have been paying attention Andy ;)
As far as I can see tanks are just like figures, only they are bigger, have less eyes and have more tracks LOL….

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Looking good so far Tim, nothing worth throwing the toys out of the pram for ,probably a bit out of practice things that if you were at the plastic full time you'd have just called them prats and probably knew what was comming anyway. A good lesson to all though to look before you leap and dry fit dry fit dry fit don't care who's (manufacturer) it is nothings perfect. Keep it coming Tim can't wait for the paint , once we all start splashing that about the gb really comes alive ,had a couple of days off so mines ready for primer will try and take pics and post ASAP.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good so far Tim, nothing worth throwing the toys out of the pram for ,probably a bit out of practice things that if you were at the plastic full time you'd have just called them prats and probably knew what was comming anyway. A good lesson to all though to look before you leap and dry fit dry fit dry fit don't care who's (manufacturer) it is nothings perfect. Keep it coming Tim can't wait for the paint , once we all start splashing that about the gb really comes alive ,had a couple of days off so mines ready for primer will try and take pics and post ASAP.

I don’t think I’ve ever thrown the toys out over a kit Dave. Done it over plenty of other things, but never a kit……my aim here is to point out potential pit falls to the less experienced. I’m not in the slightest bit phased by any of it so far ;)
I think I’m a good week off the paint, still working through the wheels at the moment.….but at last it isn’t German, so no road wheel tyres to paint up…..

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Finally found your build Tim and I'm late as usual. Is it finished yet??? With those link and length tracks, you should be done by tomorrow at the latest. Have you run into any more probs with it??? Hope not............

Na Zdorovie (Prost)
Allen(ski) Pres.
RBB Factory #69