Tim’s Trumpeter KV-7 in 1/35

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Glad you are making a go of it Tim.......bit out of the norm for you but perhaps a bit of fresh air from the "yard ornaments" and "dungeon dogs" ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Glad you are making a go of it Tim.......bit out of the norm for you but perhaps a bit of fresh air from the "yard ornaments" and "dungeon dogs" ;)
Not that out of the norm Rick ;) I’ve tried most things over the years, and in most scales. Only thing I haven’t really had a go at are SciFi subjects. Must admit I’d forgotten how boring wheels and tracks are though. Obviously a necessity for the subject, but quite tedious all the same. Still, should be on the casemate soon :thumb2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wonderful work there Mr. Marlow!!! Tracks are looking good, time consuming, but real good and well worth it. I was surprised how well mine went using TET. I guess the hissy stick work is next on them??? Or are you going to paint the whole lot in one go...........

Na Zdorovie (Prost)
Allen(ski) Pres.
RBB Factory #69

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Wonderful work there Mr. Marlow!!! Tracks are looking good, time consuming, but real good and well worth it. I was surprised how well mine went using TET. I guess the hissy stick work is next on them??? Or are you going to paint the whole lot in one go...........

Na Zdorovie (Prost)
Allen(ski) Pres.
RBB Factory #69
I’ll paint the lot in one go. Second set of tracks now on…..Contacta is far more forgiving :thumb2:
The rest of the superstructure is next…..but I’ll check if I can get the track on with the guards in place before sticking to this painting plan ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Tim
Track looks spot on. Just the right looking sag. EMA Plastic Weld is great for wicking into joins but, as you say, is no good if you need wriggle time.
Jim
Sag was easy Jim. They are link and length, with the sag moulded in :smiling2: The hard part was getting the tracks on the right way around :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice work Tim, have to admit I just assembled the tracks, as they came.My only excuse is most of of them with be covered in snow.Suppose doing the tracks was right enough :smiling3:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
You have done the lower hull, tracks and running gear and you are still building this kit!!!??? We have succeeded in our task to transform you into an armour modeller! It's all down hill from now on mate! You will still have time to do a full blown winter camo! Happy modelling my friend LOL

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice work Tim, have to admit I just assembled the tracks, as they came.My only excuse is most of of them with be covered in snow.Suppose doing the tracks was right enough :smiling3:
No probs with that approach John, I’d do the same if I was building a dio like you….the beast was cleaning off all the ejection towers…mind numbing doesn’t come into it :loudly-crying:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
You have done the lower hull, tracks and running gear and you are still building this kit!!!??? We have succeeded in our task to transform you into an armour modeller! It's all down hill from now on mate! You will still have time to do a full blown winter camo! Happy modelling my friend LOL

Yep, still slogging away Steve…..no winter Camo though…only one prototype and it was green, so 4BO all the way :thumb2:

PS, I have done armour before you know…..finished this off not long ago for the shelf of doom group build ;) Mind you, it took a few years…..DB57EA13-FD99-47CB-8072-D746AA2EBD23.jpeg

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That was very nice Tim, was that build on here or in the other house ?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Actually started it before I joined the other place, then shelved it when I lost a hatch cover….found it inside when I started it again….

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bet you put it there for safe storage :smiling3:. Don't think I can remember this sorry to say.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Tim

Just had a catch-up. That's coming on very nicely indeed......although that is a a lot of time to spend on tracks!

ATB

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
They take as long as they take Andrew. It’s the only way I know to try and make plastic look like castings….get them clean and smooth. Trouble is, these were pretty good, but had niggling moulding artifices and ejection pin issues that needed addressing. Better quality moulding would have reduced the clean up time considerably. Shame really, the actual sculpting of the parts is really good.