Tim’s Trumpeter KV-7 in 1/35

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Not done yet, life’s been in the way a bit since Tuesday….
Just a couple of new minor faults Allen. The wheels were also a little “furry” around the edges so took a while to clean up. Just the return rollers and the strengthened front wheel set to do now though, then tracks…..weird how yours, mine, and John‘s are different for what is basically the same kit. No etch in mine either…..

Reactions: JR

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looking Good Tim, you seem to be working your way around the kits issues.:thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Tim .Are you gluing the idlers and drive sprockets on ? Left mine loose for the moment
See from the photo of the front there is quite a difference between yours and the KV 2 .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim .Are you gluing the idlers and drive sprockets on ? Left mine loose for the moment
See from the photo of the front there is quite a difference between yours and the KV 2 .
I’ll leave them all off until after paint John. I’ll try to get the tracks made so I can add them afterwards…..

Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Right then….the upd!
This week I have been mostly making wheels….
29E5AA12-AE09-45B3-88BB-B892DC5E83AC.jpeg
Not much to show for about eight hours work :loudly-crying: . Still, onwards and upwards…..

These are next :cool::cool:
E5258342-8FC5-45BE-A993-80096F795FCC.jpeg

Trouble is, I have a lot of ejection marks to deal with….
6EEF558F-D797-420F-8DEE-4683E96D1AD5.jpeg
If you thought link and length did away with this, think again…..nothing too onerous, but a lot of them so it will be a bit tedious…..once I’m through these then it’s just the casemate, which is very simple.

Cheers all.
Great support so far.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Very nice and neat progress there Tim :thumb2: ,
Having done a Trumpeter "Captured" KV a few years back i can relate to this very well,
I actually quite liked how those tracks turn out,as you say,they can get a little tedious,but well worth the effort:cool:
Good stuff mate!
Andy

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
That doesn't look like fun Tim. If any are sunk in on the top row, you probably wouldn't see them, but it looks like the are all raised. The bottom rows will be a different story though. Good luck!!!

Na Zdorovie (Prost)
Allen(ski) Pres.
RBB Factory #69

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Not much to show for about eight hours work
Ain't that so often the way.
The wife "Dinner ready in half an hour dear".
The modeller " I'm just going to fit two tiny bits, love. Ten minutes".
An hour later
The wife "Your dinner is in the bin and I've made up the bed in the spare room!".
Those tracks look nice. A shame about the clean up but as you say just time and patience.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Very nice and neat progress there Tim :thumb2: ,
Having done a Trumpeter "Captured" KV a few years back i can relate to this very well,
I actually quite liked how those tracks turn out,as you say,they can get a little tedious,but well worth the effort:cool:
Good stuff mate!
Andy
Hi Andy. The detail on the other side is excellent to be honest, and they seem to fit together well. I’ve done a couple of short bits and one long part now and it wasn't too bad, so I’ll just plod through the rest clean up :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That doesn't look like fun Tim. If any are sunk in on the top row, you probably wouldn't see them, but it looks like the are all raised. The bottom rows will be a different story though. Good luck!!!

Na Zdorovie (Prost)
Allen(ski) Pres.
RBB Factory #69
Pretty much all raised by about 0.25 mm Allen. Not too bad though, a sharp number 15 carves through them quite well, finished with a sand off….worst bit is the part lines on the track pins. Only way to deal with them is to take a fine slice off the top. Part lines in internals will be left alone!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Ain't that so often the way.
The wife "Dinner ready in half an hour dear".
The modeller " I'm just going to fit two tiny bits, love. Ten minutes".
An hour later
The wife "Your dinner is in the bin and I've made up the bed in the spare room!".
Those tracks look nice. A shame about the clean up but as you say just time and patience.
Jim
Yep, I get the “your dinner’s in the dog” look occasionally, and we’ve only got cats :loudly-crying:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Those marks are going to take a while, at least if they're recessed, you can skim in some filler, but when they're proud, a lot of work.
Actually they come off quite cleanly with a sharp number 15 blade Gerry. After that a quick scrape and sand and they’re done. The plastic Trumpeter have used is ideal for this. Not too hard to make cutting difficult, and not too soft that the parts fur up badly when scraped. I was quite surprised, expecting it to take much longer. I have calculated that it’ll take about two hours a side to clean up. Not really too bad, and actually less than the wheels. Assembly may be a different story though ;)

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well, here we are after about four hours cleaning and assembly….one side done.

882E0712-E607-4ABA-B73B-86AF68AB3933.jpeg
Anyone doing individual links or link and length, don’t use EMA plastic weld. It’s great stuff, and I love it, but it really dries too quickly for this. I had real trouble wrapping the links around the idler and drive sprocket. The other side will be done with Contacta…..and the track will be properly positioned with a spot of CA during final assembly.

Oh, and it comes off for painting….
5CA6D2D9-56E9-444A-9B3F-5F4A6569D066.jpeg
The wheels are also loose…..might ease the sprocket axle though, it’s a little tight so will be worse after painting….

See you in another four hours or so :worried:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well, nothing much to report here. However, I finished cleaning up the other set of track links today, so might have something soon….