Tonight,Long stick goes Boom.

john hutton

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Andy, just had a very enjoyable read through the thread, :surprised::thumb2: . That is amazing work mate. Scratch building on the Searchlight was brilliant, when you test fitted the light to the bogey on page 6, i would think any passing viewer would assume they were looking at a kit from a box. Now onto the Genny too. Will be following along to the final Dio reveal. Excellent work, very impressed ;).
John.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is going to be Awesome Andy......just a mater of refining it as you go and it will all come together for you. Some of the best scratchery I have seen in a while :thumb2: Rick H.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
If that generator comes out as well as the searchlight it will be splendid I am sure, well done with the scratchery.

Andy.
Thanks very much Andy!
It`s proving to be more difficult than the searchlight if i`m honest:thinking:........ but it`ll get there in the end!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy, just had a very enjoyable read through the thread, :surprised::thumb2: . That is amazing work mate. Scratch building on the Searchlight was brilliant, when you test fitted the light to the bogey on page 6, i would think any passing viewer would assume they were looking at a kit from a box. Now onto the Genny too. Will be following along to the final Dio reveal. Excellent work, very impressed ;).
John.
Aw,Shucks John...... Stobbit.......You`ll make me blush!!:tears-of-joy:
Great to have you along mate,and thanks very much,the beginnings of the Dio aren`t actually THAT far off really:thumb2:,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That is going to be Awesome Andy......just a mater of refining it as you go and it will all come together for you. Some of the best scratchery I have seen in a while :thumb2: Rick H.
Hello Rick,
Thanks for the comments and positivity Sir,glad you`re enjoying it...... very much appreciated:smiling:!!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
You've not lost the ability to scratch by the look of things Andy.
Cheers John!
I`m still making it up as i go along,although this Genny is more Plastic Strips and Card than left over bits than before:thumb2:,
Andy

• Haha
Reactions: JR

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
The generator is taking shape nicely Andy.
Thanks very much Graeme,
The really tricky bit starts now.....fitting out the Genny`s internals.....:tired:......
...... maybe i should`ve gone for the "Closed Up" appearance :smiling5:!!!!!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Right then Chaps,
During the Festive Period i have made some Benchtime available,and managed a bit of progress;),
I`ll get some more done this afternoon,and hopefully,some pics taken.......
...... all being well i`ll get an update together this evening:thinking:,
As ever,thanks for looking in,and for the moral support,
Cheers for now Guys,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hey Hey!!..... Guess What :thinking: ?!!
In trading my,"Early evening time" with Rach,for her,"Black Narcissus TV time",(What a pile of Tripe the first 2 episodes have been by the way:flushed:),SO,i`ve managed to get a couple of pics up of a little progress i`ve made.........
IMG20201229183722.jpg
Just to show the bits and bobs shovelled together for the towing arm there,and next up........
IMG20201229184140.jpg
Front end with stowage box,spare wheel and associated bits there,it`s been filled,but even more sanding is required,at least the primer is on mind!!:thumb2:,the last pic is........
IMG20201229183818.jpg
The control panel,made up with left over etch bits,decals and copious amounts of washes,varnishes and TLC!!:anguished:,(some eagle eyed of you may have spotted a couple German Decals there?!!:dizzy:...... OK SMARTIEPANTS...... it`ll hardly be noticed once fitted....... they just matched the tiny size i wanted!!;):anguished::thumb2:!!
And here`s what i`m proposing to use for the next stage of the Genny`s internals,screw caps,unused etch for the fan part,and a tub that`ll need to be cut down.The other 2 Beige screw caps you can see are what i used fror the wheel hubs,cut out the "Cross Hairs"and they sit perfectly for the Hubs:thumb2:.........
IMG20201229184728.jpg
Well then,i`ve taken up enough of your time.....See you soon i hope,
Thanks for looking in,
Andy

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Andy, Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting....and some great progress I might add. the gage panel is the bomb and you have given me an idea for a future build. Rick H. :thumb2:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Nice choice of materials. It will be interesting to see what you make from them.
Cheers Tim:smiling:,
Unfortunately i made an error when looking at the cooling fan :anguished:,the real one had just 3 blades,which were quite wide,However,i have found in the "Box that keeps giving"........ a plastic kit spare fan which i can stick some plasticard to,and hopefully represent the real thing.......
.......well,that`s the plan anyway:flushed: !!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Andy
The search light and the generator are really fine examples of great scratch building.
Jim
Hey Jim!!
Thank you Sir....... if only my inspiration,(Simon T),was around to see my first true scratch building efforts:sad:,
Andy