Tropical Groundwork Scene

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Richard,
This is coming on a treat: just a point you might want to consider - the carrying handle on an SLR is almost invariably in the folded position unless the weapon is being carried at the trail, otherwise the handle can obstruct the sight picture! The SLR is a beautiful representation, I hope you don't think I'm criticising for criticism's sake!
Steve
Nope Steve, you're absolutely right. Italeri has molded it in the carrying position so to show it folded I need to carefully cut it and glue it over the receiver. I didn't think of that at the time and will have to make a note of that when doing my Israeli dio next. :smiling3:

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ok...wait for it, get the speakers out and turn the knob full blast. Heeere!!! comes the Village People :tears-of-joy:

rr0211.jpg

Y...M...C...A...!!!

rr0212.jpgrr0213.jpg

Koochikoo...

rr0214.jpgrr0215.jpg

Contestant no 5 doing the hokey pokey...

rr0218.jpgrr0219.jpg

Didn't know what to do with the extra pictures..I hope you enjoyed it.

Cheers,
Richard

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Superb work on the figures,I haven't got the patience to even try and attempt anything like that.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thank you Mark, try just one modification and you'll get hooked. Don't be afraid to cut and twist to get the pose you want. I had to... just to get a simple pose of someone paying at the stall, squating and having a smoke or just enjoying a durian.
Actually a simple modification of turning the direction of the head can make a lot of difference to a pose.

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm with Richard on this Mark, I have had to do this in 1-87 scale just to get a vehicle drivers Hands on the wheel and shift lever. :thumb2:
Rick H.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I will probably give it a go one day, having not been at this for very long I'm still lacking in some tools and materials,slowly building up my stocks :thumb2:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Richard,
Kate says does nobody eat rambutan in this virtual world ---?
Steve

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Richard,
Kate says does nobody eat rambutan in this virtual world ---?
Steve
They weren't in season...no no I just couldn't make them...them little hairy fellas. Would have been good though, one of my favorite fruit. Used to have two trees in my Dad's garden. One bore yellow and the other red fruit. If you can get passed the Kringgas(red ants) while picking them then it's heaven. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
They weren't in season...no no I just couldn't make them...them little hairy fellas. Would have been good though, one of my favorite fruit. Used to have two trees in my Dad's garden. One bore yellow and the other red fruit. If you can get passed the Kringgas(red ants) while picking them then it's heaven. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard
Oh yes!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Steve, just incase nobody's seen one before...and they're in season now.

Rambutan.jpg

They're even better than Lychee and they're already sweet and need not be canned in syrup. Are you able to get fresh rambutans where you are?

Cheers,
Richard

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Steve, just incase nobody's seen one before...and they're in season now.

View attachment 429491

They're even better than Lychee and they're already sweet and need not be canned in syrup. Are you able to get fresh rambutans where you are?

Cheers,
Richard
Unfortunately not Richard, can sometimes get canned ones from an Asian deli - not the same though! Kate has developed a bad case of salivation and is looking for a trip as a reward for lockdown! Don't know where yet but I'll get told once she's made up my mind for me!
Steve

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Just had a catch-up Richard.

As always, great work. Very well done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Unfortunately not Richard, can sometimes get canned ones from an Asian deli - not the same though! Kate has developed a bad case of salivation and is looking for a trip as a reward for lockdown! Don't know where yet but I'll get told once she's made up my mind for me!
Steve
Steve, I've realised how sweet our local fruits are from guavas, mangoes, watery rose apples, star fruit, custard apples, mangosteens, pulasan, langsat, durian, sour sop, rambutans, longans, pineapples, bananas, melons, young coconut and papayas. The funny thing is it's still cheaper to eat apples.

Just had a catch-up Richard.

As always, great work. Very well done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew, I bet you haven't tried rambutans.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Oooh...I forgot sugarcane...but that's a grass.

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Steve, I've realised how sweet our local fruits are from guavas, mangoes, watery rose apples, star fruit, custard apples, mangosteens, pulasan, langsat, durian, sour sop, rambutans, longans, pineapples, bananas, melons, young coconut and papayas. The funny thing is it's still cheaper to eat apples.

Thanks Andrew, I bet you haven't tried rambutans.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard whats that white rund thing on them rambutans. ? an this is a fantastic thread as ive just glanced through it i admit i havnt read everything but i think RICHARD THAT YOU ARE A FANTASTIC MODELLER AN IM IN AWE
chris

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Richard,
Please, please stop now - Kate has got her Rough Guides out - that spells trouble (both for me and my Bank Manager)! To make it worse I've had to bring all the travel equipment down from the loft in case anything needs replacing! Excellent work though!
Steve

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I missed out one more fruit and one of my favorites...Jack fruit and another species Cempedak which normally is eaten cooked in batter. Okay I'll stop for now to save you from trouble.

The figures are all primed in black and ready for paint. The series of images show their positions in the dio...

rr0254.jpgrr0255.jpgrr0259.jpgrr0260.jpgrr0263.jpgrr0264.jpgrr0265.jpgrr0266.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

Cheers,
Richard

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
The figures fit very well on the diorama, nice work Richard.