Welcome to Geoff’s D-Day 80th Anniversary tribute chat thread.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thank you VERY much Geoff! I did some looking around and almost bought the Thunderbolt but then I saw the Eduard Tempest on ebay, bid and won!

View attachment 509861
There you go now your set. We’re all glad to have you Steve thanks for not giving up.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Sorry guys but I’m opting out on the 1/48 Tamiya Sherman and going to something in 1/72 scale where my Mojo is currently staying at this time. I figure I can maybe build two 1/72 scale kits in the time frame instead of grinding on the 1/48 Sherman and not enjoying it. I’ll post my 1/72 Subject later today.

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
Sorry guys but I’m opting out on the 1/48 Tamiya Sherman and going to something in 1/72 scale where my Mojo is currently staying at this time. I figure I can maybe build two 1/72 scale kits in the time frame instead of grinding on the 1/48 Sherman and not enjoying it. I’ll post my 1/72 Subject later today.

That's cool Lee, you've got to go with what you feel like doing!

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I build primarily 1/72 for the same reason, I’ve found if a build takes me too long I lose interest and struggle to finish it
Thanks I’ve had this kit for years and I don’t have any on the shelf.

Yes I’m finding out that bigger kits are taking me longer and I get burned out on them quicker these days. I have more patience now with 1/72 scale than several years ago I’ve learned how to build these with my arthritis in my hands and deal with my eye site. I would like to start building small Diorama’s for them.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
If you hadn’t, you could probably have sawed one in half and used it for the front wheels, with the plates over them it would be (just about?) impossible to tell.