Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Guys,

As you might have noticed, I've been kinda quiet lately. I just can't seem to get anywhere at the table. Everything I start doing ends up back in the box as I lose interest quickly. Mojo is high, but interest is low....Anywho, I seem to have a better completion rate with wing thingies than I do with anything else, 1 from 2 started so far.........So I decided to have a go at another wing thingy. It's this puppy here,

IMG_2184.JPG
What's nice is that everything is in the box and there is no need to buy anything else for it,

IMG_2400.JPG
It's all there, from colored etch, resin tires, masks, decals for 13 different planes and a resin fig of Galland too!!! I have made a pretty good start. The molds have some years under their belt with flash and the like, but with careful cleanup, they look good and the fit is also not too shabby. I have been working on the driver's compartment and the motor,

IMG_2416.JPG
The colored etch is nice, but you have to be real careful that you don't scratch it with your tweezers, The two handles (red & black) were hard as you have to fold them in half, but they came out ok. I also noticed this thing had more bike chains than the Tour de France. I was scared of bending the seatbelts and scratching of the paint with my sausage fingers. I actually amazed myself,

IMG_2420.JPG
I think the dashboard looks really cool and 3D like with the colored etch. I didn't add the lap belt pads as the driver was hardcore and I was afraid to muck them up being so big. I've decided to go with this paint scheme as the others were too tricky for my second camo job on a wing thingy,

IMG_2421.JPG
The Black 5 was flown by Lt. Hans Krug of the 5./JG 26 based at Marquise, France in July 1940. On September 7, he was shot down and survived making a belly landing near Pluckley. It's a fun build and so far, so good, without getting bored.........

Sorry for the long post and the blah blah.........................

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well, first update in a fortnight. I’ve finished my Heliograph team. Here they are, Post office Rifles with a staff officer.....quite pleased with them, the first historical for a long time....
8F6D98C9-F01A-4FF3-9F3A-5BC27476E869.jpeg
13B82939-EEE4-40DE-89D2-ECFD208A9E6B.jpeg
F9DFF08A-586C-4133-879C-BBCE2CD0FD17.jpeg

And, the usual calibration shot!
33328D91-A976-475D-8C3A-49B85C0F9B80.jpeg

Next up, another fantasy unit, Goblin archers....
Cheers all, hope you like ‘em...

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Well, first update in a fortnight. I’ve finished my Heliograph team. Here they are, Post office Rifles with a staff officer.....quite pleased with them, the first historical for a long time....
View attachment 423833
View attachment 423834
View attachment 423839

View attachment 423840

View attachment 423833
View attachment 423834
View attachment 423839

View attachment 423840

Given the size that's a great job on the detailing:thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well Tim, as Richard said......Cute? ;) That is some fine painting Sir. The light effects playing on the lenses of their optics must have been a bit of a challenge....you have recreated it very well. Looking forward to the next batch of the "Fantasy in Fashion" crowd. Rick H. :smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well Tim, as Richard said......Cute? ;) That is some fine painting Sir. The light effects playing on the lenses of their optics must have been a bit of a challenge....you have recreated it very well. Looking forward to the next batch of the "Fantasy in Fashion" crowd. Rick H. :smiling3:
Thanks Rick, appreciate the comments. I must admit, that’s the first time I’ve done optics like that and it was far easier than I thought it would be. I just used the standard “Jewel” technique, painting curved stripes top to bottom, from dark to light , and putting a catchlight at the top on the dark bit. It’s a little cartoony, but fun nonetheless.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Lee, I was just looking at the box art for this bird and there appears to be a considerable amount of cable rigging.......then I noticed the scale........that's some small stuff to be messing with. Hat off to you for even attempting it. :thumb2: Rick H.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hi Guys,

As you might have noticed, I've been kinda quiet lately. I just can't seem to get anywhere at the table. Everything I start doing ends up back in the box as I lose interest quickly. Mojo is high, but interest is low....Anywho, I seem to have a better completion rate with wing thingies than I do with anything else, 1 from 2 started so far.........So I decided to have a go at another wing thingy. It's this puppy here,

View attachment 422385
What's nice is that everything is in the box and there is no need to buy anything else for it,

View attachment 422386
It's all there, from colored etch, resin tires, masks, decals for 13 different planes and a resin fig of Galland too!!! I have made a pretty good start. The molds have some years under their belt with flash and the like, but with careful cleanup, they look good and the fit is also not too shabby. I have been working on the driver's compartment and the motor,

View attachment 422387
The colored etch is nice, but you have to be real careful that you don't scratch it with your tweezers, The two handles (red & black) were hard as you have to fold them in half, but they came out ok. I also noticed this thing had more bike chains than the Tour de France. I was scared of bending the seatbelts and scratching of the paint with my sausage fingers. I actually amazed myself,

View attachment 422388
I think the dashboard looks really cool and 3D like with the colored etch. I didn't add the lap belt pads as the driver was hardcore and I was afraid to muck them up being so big. I've decided to go with this paint scheme as the others were too tricky for my second camo job on a wing thingy,

View attachment 422389
The Black 5 was flown by Lt. Hans Krug of the 5./JG 26 based at Marquise, France in July 1940. On September 7, he was shot down and survived making a belly landing near Pluckley. It's a fun build and so far, so good, without getting bored.........

Sorry for the long post and the blah blah.........................

Prost
Allen
Hello youngster that is not quite my age yet.
I wondered where you were, thought you might have gone of to safer climates to avoid the covid, I went away with John R and here is one of out holiday pics, guess which one is John.... we were both on pot at the time and met this wonderful lady, Weed all the time...
bill ben..jpg
Good to see you have taken up the knives and sanders again, as we old ones are fond of saying - a change is as good as a rest.
Well just offf now as nurse is coming with the bath chair to take me to get my bag changed and other things, I do hope the water is warmer today....
Take care young person, speak to you soon.
Mike
PS the build look up to your normal great standard. (see how we keep forgetting what we are here for).....

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
On my bench at the moment is...
The Panzer IV/70(A) that I've been doing since god knows when, a bit of progress though, decals done & weathering in progress, the idea is it's going to be a muddy version.
DSC04236 (1024x680).jpg
While I was away on holiday this week, I made a start on a Tamiya Cromwell with an etch set & gun barrel.
DSC04237 (1024x680).jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice work on the IV. Without the side skirts behind the fighting compartment it looks like a baby hunting tiger. Good start on the Cromwell as well....

Status
Not open for further replies.